CHAPTER TWENTY- NINE

THE HOLLINGSWORTH ESTATE
5:00pm

THE VERY MINUTE AURORA ARRIVED HOME, she was pulled upstairs by Odette and Juliette, all of them needing to do test shots. Autumn and Adrianna showed up ten minutes later.

And here we are.

"That's right Aurora," VICTORIA, the photographer, encourages. "Shoulders back, stomach in. Pout."

Autumn, Adrianna, and Nadia stand over by the fireplace stopping the search for the perfect dress in order to look over by the window, where Aurora's beauty threatens to break the camera. Behind her, the Los Angeles skyline meets the clouds, giving life to the idea that Aurora literally is a being from heaven. She's currently dressed in a floor-length custom-designed DONNA KARAN piece that hugs her body in ways most girls couldn't even dream about.

"God, between styling both daughters and their mother, I need my husband to tell me I'm pretty for an hour straight before I start to consider it as an option." Nadia presses her lips together before turning back to the dress rack, putting the final dresses into garment bags for easy transportation.

"She is gorgeous."

"So what's this party on Sunday?" Nadia asks, moving the final three dresses to a separate rack. She had been kind enough last minute to bring over as many of the newest designs for the girls. Even though they had eventually protested, they had to admit, being best friends with Aurora always has its perks.

She had chosen a gorgeous strapless gold gown. Adrianna had opted for a sleeveless strapless tulle number while Autumn had gone glamour chic with a chiffon gown in a peach color that pops against her sun-kissed skin. Nadia describes the three of them (four if Avalon had been there) as a younger, more modern version of Charlie's Angels - beautiful, yet daringly dangerous if you got too close.

Avalon is at some business dinner with her parents that Eric forced her to attend. But Adrianna had sent her pictures of Aurora. The photos had her keyboard smashing in shock.

"The Diamond Party." Autumn answers without missing a beat. "It's a party Aurora throws every year during her parents' Diamond League Ball. So while the adults are off at their champagne infused party, the kids of the elite are at the Diamond Party-"

"Getting hammered," Nadia concludes, smiling at the trio of girls.

Adrianna and Autumn make eye contact and shrug, nodding in agreement. "Basically, yeah."

"And then there's a brunch on Saturday, right?"

"I mean, it wouldn't be Los Angeles without brunch, right?" Aurora strolls over, a bottle of water in her hands. She stands in the middle of the three girls.

"Ugh, you were gorgeous!" Autumn yells, happily hugging the elder heiress. "Can I be you for a day?"

"Thank you, thank you." Aurora smiles. "I came over to ask if y'all want to join me in the final test shots."

The girls lock eyes before bouncing up and down. "Yes!" They scream together, before grabbing Aurora and running over to where Victoria waits.

───────── ♛ ─────────

auroramichelle                                        ⋮
                📍losangeles, california .                                 
────────────────