CHAPTER FORTY- EIGHT

SUNLIGHT FILLS THE SKY, pure scattered light; its hue ambitiously illuminating each crevice of the city. Aurora awakens to soft yet expensive Egyptian cotton sheets as the morning light trickles in through the silk curtains. Without a glance that way, she grabs her phone from its spot on the wireless charger and turns the alarm off before the rambunctious sound can echo all over the luxurious room.

She sits up, letting the sun loom over her briefly before undesirably herself from her stupidly comfortable California king-sized bed and strolls to her luxurious bathroom. Gleaming granite countertops, ornate square framed mirrors, a jacuzzi tub, a walk-in shower with an oversized showerhead. Fluffy grey towels are neatly arranged along the wall right next to the sink. Her favorite part about this bathroom would have to be the heated flooring, especially when it's cold in the morning.

From outside the double doors of her bedroom, she can hear four voices- that of VIVIENNE (Juliette's new assistant), AVALON, ADRIANNA, and AUTUMN. For some strange ass reason, the woman is always passive-aggressive towards her three best friends. Aurora finds herself irritably rolling her grey eyes in response to Viv's unnecessary opinions- the main one being that the girls are using her boss's daughter for her money. Um first of fucking all, those three are just as wealthy as Aurora is. No one is using anyone.

Officially having enough of the bullshit discussion currently taking place, she yanks both doors open and steps into the hallway, her lavender lace Agent Provocateur slip making her melanin skin pop beautifully. Thank goodness for the sunshine.

"Vivienne, leave them alone. They've done nothing wrong for you to have so much fucking animosity towards them. Hell, it's like you despise them for simply breathing. That stops now. Girls, come in and wait for me while I get ready." She lets them in her room and looks back at Vivienne with a deep scowl on her face. Lowly, she mutters, "If you don't want me to expose your little affair with JAMES (one of Charles's security team members), you'll stop being rude. Next slip up and I'm telling my parents. Say goodbye to your life."

If you can't tell by now, Aurora is a daddy's girl. The man spoils her with whatever she wants. A whole new wardrobe? She gets it. A new car? She gets it. Endless amount of cash on her black American Express card? She gets that too.

With one last glare to a stunned Viv, Aurora saunters back into her room and sends looks of exasperation to the girls. "Ugh, she's so annoying. Acting like she's the shit all the time."

"You do the same exact thing though, Ro," Adrianna says, staring pointedly at the ceiling and then back down at Aurora who just shrugs.

Autumn looks up from her iPhone to shake her head. "There's a difference there, Adri. It works for Ro. The simple reason being that she is indeed that bitch. Vivienne, however, is not."

Adrianna takes a moment to digest this sentiment and after three silent minutes, she runs a manicured hand through her midnight tresses. "I see your point. Alright, topic change. I received something in my email on the way over here. There's a party going down at Allure tonight and as the four sexiest girls in this damn city, we are going to show up and show out as only we do."

ALLURE is the place to be if you were part of Beverly Hills social scene, all LA Prep kids hang out there, including, to their dismay, the bunch from Briarwood Academy.

"Way ahead of you on that." Aurora pulls her phone off of the wireless charging pad and sends a text to her glam squad. She and her girls are about to get the superstar treatment before they step out tonight. "Anyone in the mood for mimosas? I'm in need of a pick me up."