CHAPTER SIX

IT'S THE OFFICIAL FINAL DAY OF SUMMER vacation. At the same time, today is the yearly welcome home brunch. Justin, who had been at the Hollingsworth estate all morning, finally left and returned to his own estate, greeting his mother Fallon and his father Jesse before retreating up the grand staircase to his bedroom.

He's just getting to his room when his phone rings. It's Mario calling him. "Hello?"

"Mr. Winchester, where have you been?"

Justin has to remember that no one in their circle knows that Aurora's back in the city. They'll find out later on. More than likely there will be questions. Aurora told him to tell everyone that she comes home today and that she'll be at the brunch. "I've been roaming around the city, trying to clear my head. Getting ready for the events of later. You know.. the usual."

Mario lets out an affirmative grunt. He knows that Justin likes to go to one area only to end up all around Los Angeles. "True. Question: have you spoken to Aurora?"

"I have actually. She called me from the Hollingsworth private jet, saying that she's returning today. I'm excited to see her. It's been three damn months, man. I've missed her."

Mario hums. "So have I. It's weird. Things feel off as hell when she's not here. Adrianna called me earlier to ask me if you know when she's coming back? She needs to vent about her mother."

"Damn. Between Scarlett and Camille, who's the scariest?"

"Both of them are fucking terrifying. Two weeks ago, I don't think I told you this, Scarlett, Camille, Danielle, and my mom got together. They had lunch in the garden. I was going to the pool, minding my damn business, when I felt eyes on me. When I tell you I damn near pissed myself. Scarlett literally glared at me." Mario exclaims in exasperation.

Justin chuckles. "She'll be there today. You might need to watch your back."

"Nah, I might need several glasses of rosé to withstand brunch."

───────── ♛ ─────────

SPEAKING OF SCARLETT HAWTHORNE, she's inside of her luxurious walk-in closet permeated with designer clothing, expensive shoes, custom-made accessories, you know, rich people things. "Aaron, honey, what should I wear? I need to look stunning today." She loudly shouts.

Aaron sets his phone down on the expensive glass nightstand and walks inside of the closet, crossing the large room to pepper kisses on the nape of his wife's neck. "Darling, you look stunning in everything you wear. Hell, you could wear a damn trash bag and you'd have all eyes on you." He turns her head around and gives her a hot, loving kiss.

She giggles when he slaps her ass and bites her lip as she watches him leave the closet to head back into their bedroom.

Aaron grabs his phone and heads downstairs. He's walking into the kitchen when he notices his son pouring himself a glass of lemonade and talking on the phone.

"Last I heard from Mario, he told me that he was going to call Justin. Honestly, I'm hoping Aurora's coming back. In my honest opinion, we flow better when she's here. The girl knows how to command people's attention." The voice says something completely indistinguishable to Aaron. "As I told you yesterday, David is a shady bastard. I'm hoping she's well aware of that shit he pulled." Kingsley finally turns around to see his father in the same vicinity as him and damn near screams.

He yelps loudly as his phone hits the tiled floor. Luckily, it didn't crack. He picks it up and puts it up to his ear again. "Whew, sorry. I heard a noise and jumped. My phone flew out of my hand and hit the floor. No cracks. Thank god. Hey, I value everything I own. Ugh, yesterday was annoying. Avalon, do not mention that. I don't need the visualization in my head again. Okay, absolutely not. I'm hanging up." And hang up he does. "Hey, dad."

"Hey, son. How long have you been up?"

Kingsley stops in his tracks and looks at the elder in disbelief. He's shocked because Aaron doesn't necessarily acknowledge his existence when he's not working. The latter only calls on him to attend meetings with him. But he'll talk. He won't be the asshole most people portray him to be. "I've been up since 8. Couldn't sleep and I was too busy wracking my brain over what to wear to brunch today."

"Kingsley, son, men don't fret over what to wear. Only women do that. They're so particular over wanting to look good. Couldn't be me." Aaron says with a chuckle. Uh bitch, did you forget you're married to a woman who strives on looking good 24/7? Don't be stupid. Both of y'all are high maintenance.

Kingsley, to say the least, is not nor has ever been amused by the elder man's 'humor'. He may be a bad boy who consistently sleeps around and happens to be best friends with four girls, but at least he's respectful to them. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Aaron and Kingsley doesn't think the elder will ever change.

So the younger Hawthorne is not going to make any further comments because if he did, it wouldn't go well at all. Aaron switches moods like he switches ROLEX watches or a damn TOM FORD briefcase: rapidly. "Anyway, I'm going to go get ready. Uh, see you later, dad." He expeditiously collars his phone and exits the kitchen, feeling his father's stare on him as he advances up the grand staircase.

Kingsley bypasses his mother as he goes into his room. He's calling it now. Brunch is about to be an absolute shitshow.

───────── ♛ ─────────

AUTUMN IS SEATED IN HER PRIVATE SPA, clad in a pink BALMAIN frayed cotton-blend tweed mini dress and a pair of pink GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI etoile heels.

She is in the middle of getting her hair done when her father CAMERON, who's wearing a grey TOM FORD Windsor irregular waves two-piece suit and the GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI Benton loafers, enters the large room.

"Autumn, honey, are you almost done? We'll be leaving soon and we don't want to be late." Cameron says to his only baby girl.

Like Aurora, Autumn is very close with her parents. They give her anything. Her bubbly personality makes it hard for anyone to say no basically. Don't be fooled though. Underneath all the bubbly is someone cunning who will do any and everything possible to get what she wants.

"Okay, daddy. Serena is almost finished curling my hair. Right?"

Serena keeps her eyes on Autumn's hair, afraid of getting caught staring at Cameron, again. The last time it happened, Autumn laid into her with an indignant tone.

'Stop staring at him. You are not going to be a filthy homewrecker and attempt to jeopardize their marriage.'

Serena hasn't looked at the man since.

"Yes, I am on the last little section. Give me two minutes."

Autumn smirks and then giggles. "It's satisfactory that I'm already dressed. Daddy, I'll see you in the living room."

Here's another thing about this party princess, she cares about the school hierarchy. No desire to be the queen bee, but she cares. All that matters is The Empire be and stay on top.

With Serena declaring that she's finished with Autumn's hair, the girl stands up and pays the former her rightful amount. The woman knows her shit about hair. Right now, the princess's hair is long, shiny, and silky- the way she likes it.

"Thank you, Serena. For my fabulous hair and for...knowing your place."

She winks at the woman and then she's out the door.