CHAPTER SEVEN

WESTWOOD ESTATE
10:45

ADRIANNA WALKS DOWN THE GRAND STAIRCASE, hoping she doesn't run into her mother. The elder woman is more aggravating when social events happen. Even if she's not hosting things, she's a damn tyrant.

The heiress is wearing a black and gold BALMAIN buttoned bodycon mini dress and the black and gold GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI cruel heels. She figures that if she wants to wear Black, that she'll wear Black. Anyone who has some shit to say can shove their opinion up their crusty asses because she is going to wear what she wants.

"Hello, Miss Westwood. You look beautiful." Audrey says.

Adrianna gives the maid a warm smile, something she gives to the people that actually deserve one. Not many do and that's their problem. Her chest is covered so no one can say anything. "Thank you, Audrey. How are you doing?"

"Morning sickness, but other than that, I'm okay."

Adrianna goes to speak but gets interrupted by the sound of loud footsteps. She knows who it is without even having to ask. It's Camille and she just happens to be on her way downstairs. It's like she was waiting for her cue to make her presence known. Because she always feels the need to be extraordinarily extravagant, she's clad in a purple ROBERTO CAVALLI crochet cut-out dress with the GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI Jamila heel. She's hoping to put every mother at brunch to shame. (News flash, she won't)

"Adrianna, are you down here?"

The heiress looks at Audrey with a swift eye roll, causing the maid to grin. "Yes, mother. I am." Honestly, the last thing she wants to deal with today is a fucking lecture from the elder woman so she's going to put on a smile and put her usual scowl on the back burner.

Camille looks at Adrianna's black and gold ensemble with an approving nod. Woman, leave her alone. "Honey you look stunning."

"Thank you. As do you."

Camille, ever so fucking extra, flips her perfectly curled hair with a cocky smile on her face. "I know I do. I mean look at me." Can she not? That doesn't look right.

'Ew, can she go away? Annoying and for what?' The heiress thinks to herself.

Another set of loud footsteps trek down the grand staircase in short strides. It's the man of the house, HOLDEN WESTWOOD, neurosurgeon, and president of WESTWOOD ROYAL, a medical conglomerate. He's sporting a TOM FORD O'Connor overcheck two-piece suit with a pair of GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI Patrick dress shoes. He's putting on a newly purchased silver and blue/black dial ROLEX Datejust watch.

"Camille, my love, you are divine." He pulls her into a kiss in which she smiles into it. Adrianna is holding herself back from heaving at their overt affection for each other. Nineteen years together and they still act like they're in high school. "Adrianna, beautiful as always."

Adrianna smiles. He barely acknowledges her existence when he's home.... but then again, she's seldom home due to her wanting to avoid them both. "Thank you, father. You look very handsome. Shall we be on our way?" She says knowing how the couple has to make an entrance at every social event.

───────── ♛ ─────────
WELLINGTON ESTATE
11:15

NATALIA WELLINGTON IS WHAT YOU'D CALL, ambitiously charming and extremely shallow. But what do you expect from a woman who comes from a long line of aristocrats (you know, stupidly wealthy people)? Her need to make every single situation about her drive the people around her insane. Her husband Mario Sr overlooks this annoying habit, mainly drawing up to her wanting the most attention. Meanwhile, her son, Mario Jr just finds both of them pretentious as hell.