Chapter 28

~ CAITLIN'S POV ~

"I've never actually been to a museum before." I state, as we walk out of the museum doors.

"What? How?" Danielle gives me a weird look.

"I don't know." I laugh.

"There's a first time for everything I guess."

"Like getting kicked out of a museum." I reply smirking.

"I can't believe that actually happened." We both crack up laughing. Ok so we didn't actually get kicked out of the whole museum, just the east wing. Long story short, we knocked off and broke the glasses on one of the statues, and then were laughing so loud that the lady came over. If only we hadn't started laughing then we probably could've gotten away with it.

"Who even puts glasses on a statue? Like what the fuck?" I exclaim, making Danielle laugh.

"Them, obviously." I give her a 'seriously' look and then we both laugh. Every time we go out together we end up laughing so hard at something so ridiculous till we cry, but never have we gotten in trouble. I guess people would call us the 'good girls'. I mean we both have a rebel spark in us, but we mostly follow rules without even trying to.

"You have to admit though, it was fun." She admits.

"Hell yes," I reply laughing. "I will always remember this day, first day I went to a museum, and first time I got kicked out of one."

"We're such rebels." I laugh at her comment.

"Rebel 101."

We walk down the street a bit more, recalling the events of the trip to the museum. We end up at another park, little kids running around in jeans and tees, and people running past in 3/4 leggings and tops. How? How the hell can they do that. I'm standing here in 3 layers and I'm freezing my fucking ass off. I am officially sick of being cold and we've only been here for one day. Hmm, I wonder how I can get warm. I quickly tap Danielle and run away from her. "You're it!"

She looks at me with a confused look, then squints her eyes in determination. "Oh hell no." She chases after me and I run off, speeding past a little kid and nearly knocking him over. I turn my head and look back at him and see him looking at me with a scared look on his face. Shit. I slow down to see if he's alright when he starts playing again and Danielle hits me hard on the shoulder.

"That's so unfair you bitch!" I reply sprinting after her. She weaves through the playground and past little kids. Although Danielle is tall, I'm finding it hard to depict her from the kids. I chase after her, I can feel my blood pumping fast as my body starts to heat up. I catch her on the bend and and turn around and sprint in the opposite direction. This feels good, I feel like I haven't run this fast in ages. I hear quick footsteps behind me and fasten my pace. Next thing I know I'm getting a little too friendly with the tree.
.
.
.
.
.

"I am never, ever, ever playing chasey again." I admit flatly, holding a bag of ice to my forehead. I ran smack bang into a god damn tree. Last time I checked I wasn't George of the freaking Jungle. Dani seemed to find it hilarious though. I just lay there on the ground, trying to ignore the pain as I squinted my eyes shut, biting my lower lip. I could tell that everyone was staring at me and it was probably the funniest thing ever, I'd probably find it absolutely hilarious if I was someone watching it happen, but I can tell you right now, it is not funny when you're the person who does it.

Danielle's reply consists of a fit of laughter. "I wish.... I had.... Filmed that." She says in between laughter. I glare at her, blinking my eyes. I wonder how she would feel after a clean upper cut to the face. Nah, I probably shouldn't, would cause too much drama.