Chapter 36

*2 days later*

~ CAITLIN'S POV ~

~~

I walk down the stairs, leading me into complete darkness. I reach the the bottom of the stairs and see a light in the distance. I hear voices coming from the light at the end. Familiar voices. I follow the light and walk down the long pathway. I reach the light and look inside. The walls are covered in smears of red. The floor is black and chains are hanging on the wall. Standing in the middle of the room is Harry, Danielle and Tyler.

"Hey, there you are." Danielle smiles. Something is wrong with her smile, something wickedly evil and creepy about it, sending chills up my spine. They all turn their heads towards me. A wicked grin on Tyler's face as Harry stares at me angrily.

"Where have you been?" Harry booms, making me step back in fear.

"I-I...." I stutter.

"Spit it out." He yells loudly, turning to face me.

"Hey, calm down, she's confused." Danielle places a hand on his shoulder. His anger disappears. He places an unpleasant smile on his face, matching Danielle and Tyler's.

"Sorry. My mistake." He steps forward, still at least 10 metres away from me. "I shouldn't have expected more from you, you disappoint me all the time." A pit grows in my stomach, causing pain to spread through my chest. "I don't know why I used to think so much of you." He shakes his head in disappointment.

"Harry, it's time." Tyler urges. Harry's smile widens, looking creepier than ever. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"Time for what? Harry?" I ask pleadingly.

"Oh baby, you'll find out." He steps closer.

"Harry, I think she's scared. Maybe we sho-" he puts his hand up as if to stop Danielle from talking.

"I can tell, that makes it more enjoyable." My throat clenches. What is happening?

"Are you ready?" Tyler asks me as he walks up next to Harry. Danielle stays standing back, uncertainty plastered on her face. I look at her in confusion, waiting for her to say something in protest. Something flashes across her eyes, I don't know what, but I know it was something. She hardens her features as she walks up on the other side of Harry.

"W... Wha-"

"Grab her." Harry's voice deepens, seriousness masking his features. Suddenly, Danielle and Tyler rush towards me, knives in their hands. I turn and run back down the hallway I wish I had never come down. I scream, but nothing comes out. I reach the stairs and hurry up them tripping constantly. I reach the top when I feel something grab my foot, dragging me down the stairs. I see Tyler's wicked smile, as he brings his knife down and it connects with my stomach.

~~

I wake up screaming, thrashing around wildly. I pull at my hands but they don't budge, something holding them back.

"Caitlin!" I hear someone yell. I open my eyes and scream, jumping back. Suddenly, realisation hits me and I slump down, puffing. I feel sweat running down my forehead from my dream. Tears fill my eyes as I stare up at Tyler. "What happened?" He asks, almost worried. I don't reply, clenching my jaw tightly as I remember the dream. "You had another nightmare." He states, placing his hand softly on my knee. I don't move, as the tears trail down my cheeks.

For the past few nights I have been having nightmares. Usually of Tyler, but Danielle and Harry have never been in them. The thought makes my lips quiver and a weird feeling I can't describe to rise up in my stomach. "Here, I'll get you some water." He tells me as he retreats up the stairs.