Chapter 31

~ HARRY'S POV ~

I turn the car engine on and slam my hand on the steering wheel. "Fuck!" I yell, clenching my jaw. Paparazzi are standing outside the front of the hotel, but I went out the back way so they wouldn't see me, especially as fucking mad as I am right now. I can only imagine myself lashing out at them. Think of all the headlines that would cause. My mind reels back to the events that just unfolded. I slam my hand on the steering wheel again, this time harder. I pull off the side of the road and drive to the arena.

I arrive at the arena at 5:00, not caring whatsoever that I'm an hour late. I get out of the car and find my way backstage, waving to fans and following the security guards directions. I walk inside a room to find the boys getting changed while Lou has all her stuff set up.

"And he finally decides to show up!" Louis says, gesturing his arms to my late entrance. My jaw tightens and my eyes narrow at his comment, as I walk up to the clothing rack and look through to find my clothes.

"Wow what's with the look?" He questions.

"How about you mind your own business." I retort. I see Louis flinch at my response.

"Why are you so late?" Lou asks in an angry, motherly tone. I shrug, grabbing my clothes off the hook and getting changed. I can feel everyone's eyes on me, wanting an explanation.

"I had things to do."

"You had things to do? You're an hour late." She states angrily, I can tell she's pissed off with my mood.

"Well I'm here now, so how about you all calm down." I reply harshly, which silences her. I feel a hand on my shoulder, as I slip my shoes on.

"Mate, what's up?" I hear Niall's voice from behind me.

"Nothing." I zip my boot up and walk over to a chair, sitting down and getting my phone out.

"Harry-"

"Let it go nothing's wrong." I reply in a hard tone.

"Harry I need to do your hair." I hear Lou call from the other side of the room. I look up at her and see a hurt and angry expression on her face. I've hurt four people in the course of 30 minutes. Four people that I care about, but am too furious and upset right now to say anything. I just want to get this show over and done with and get away from everything. I walk over to her and sit down on the chair in front of her as she styles my hair in a braid of some sort.

"Where were you at?" I hear from behind me. I turn around to see Danielle standing there, a confused look on her face. "

"He had things to do." Lou replies, using her fingers as quotation marks in the air. I role my eyes and clench my jaw, don't do it Harry. Don't get mad at them, they haven't done anything.

"And where's Caitie at?" She asks, looking around the room. My jaw tightens at the mention of her name, my fist clenching up at the memory of how I spoke to her. "Hello?" She asks again.

"She's not coming."

Once she finishes with my hair, it's time to go on stage. We walk through the underground hallway to our spots, Louis next to me.

"Whatever mood you're in right now, don't let it affect your performance." He shoots at me. I look at him and harden my jaw, hating myself for everything I've said and done since the argument started.
.
.
.
.

~ CAITLIN'S POV ~

The fight runs through my mind as I recall every word spoken. Harry's last words repeat in my mind, bringing more tears to my eyes as they stream down my cheeks like a waterfall. 'I don't know, maybe all you want is fame? Maybe you just got so caught up with the idea of being with Harry Styles. The novelty will probably wear off soon, and don't worry, I won't be still hanging on when it does.' How could he say that? How could he fucking say that? I shouldn't of made a big deal out of the messages. Everything was perfect, everything was going great, why did it turn out like this? How? Why did Harry say that? Why does he think I would do that? Do I seem that selfish to him?