Chapter 21

~ CAITLIN'S POV ~

I wake to the sound of my alarm playing loudly. I sit up to turn it off when I feel my head spin, causing immediate pain. "Fuck." I say holding my head and leaning back on my pillow. I lay there for a few seconds with my eyes squinted in pain, when I hear a hot, raspy morning voice.

"Does it feel like you've constantly hit your head against a brick wall?"

"Yep. You too?" I ask slowly.

"Mmm hmm." I hear him groan. I reach my hand over and grab my phone to stop it from playing again. I groan as the bright light from the screen hits my eyes. I quickly unlock it, turn the alarm off and put it back down on my bed side table.

"Ugghh is it always this bad after having shots?" I ask Harry.

"Well I've never had that many shots before, especially within 5 minutes. Now come over here because I need a snuggle buddy." He lifts his arm up to make room for me and I wriggle over next to him, him lying on his side. I snuggle into him, both our arms around each other and my head resting on his arm. He kisses my forehead and lightly strokes my back with his fingers.

"You smell good." I whisper. I hear him chuckle as I feel myself falling back to sleep.

.

.

.

.

~HARRY'S POV~

"Caitie. Caitie. Caitlin." I hear someone repeat loudly. I open my eyes and see Caitlin's dad in her doorway, giving me a death glare. I stare at him for a minute then tap Caitlin on the shoulder to wake her up.

"Caitie, wake up." I say gently.

"Mhmm head still hurts." I hear her moan.

"What are you doing here, Harry?" Derek asks, masking his face with a certain hardness.

"I.. uh-" at that moment Caitlin's head pops up and she looks at her dad.

"We went out last night dad and Harry stayed over." She says as she sits up. I look back at Derek and see him still glaring at me.

"N... Nothing happened, Dere-Mr Smith." I say trying to convince him that nothing happened, because nothing did.

He looks at me for longer than usual, then says: "you're lucky I trust you Harry." I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. He slowly turns and shuts the door on his way out. "Oh, and I prefer Derek." He says, quickly turning his head back towards us. He shuts the door and I hear his footsteps retreating down the hallway.

"Sorry about that." Caitlin says, raking her hands through her hair.

"It's ok. I like your dad, I'm surprised that in the end he seemed cool about me sleeping with you in your bed."

"Oh yea, can I ask you something?" She asks, her cheeks slightly reddening.

"Yea sure, what is it?" I ask, wondering what she would have to ask me that would make her blush.

"Did we... Seal the deal last night?" She bites her lip nervously, and I can tell that she is feeling uncomfortable. I recall the events (what I can remember) from last night in my head.

"We were about to at the bar in the bathroom, you were really drunk so I don't think you even knew what was going on, but I realised that your first time would be in a bathroom and that shouldn't be anyone's first time. You deserve much better than that." I say as I make my lips into a straight line. She loos at me for a little while, looking slightly relieved, then she slowly moves towards me with a genuinely happy smile on her face.