Chapter 3

~CAITLIN'S POV~

"Caitlin, honey, wake up!"

I open my eyes slowly, the source of the blaring noise revealing itself as the blurred figure of my mother in my doorway.

"What?" I rub my eyes and lean up on my elbow to take in my surroundings. Dani lays next to me on the ground in the corner of my room, tangled between an array of blankets and pillows.

"Caitlin, we have to be out of this house in twenty minutes! Hurry up and get dressed. We need to take Dani home." She slams the door behind her, which brings Dani back to consciousness.

"Is it time for you to go already?" She asks, stretching her arms out in a yawn, her eyes puffy from the lack of sleep.

"Yeah, it's..." I search for my phone, rummaging though the debris of last night. "Already ten," I reply after finding it wrapped in the quilt.

"I'm so tired," she groans, as I fall back against the floor with my head rested on the pillow beneath me. I close my eyes as a silence fills the room.

"Girls!" I hear my mum bellow from the other side of the door, ruining whatever chance we had of falling back asleep.

I sigh, giving in to the fact that I need to get up and get ready, as I stand up and walk over the mess we've left on the floor from last night, towards my cupboard. I scan the contents, coming up bare with what to wear.

"What should I wear?" I ask Dani, who is now looking at her phone.

"Um, something nice."

"That was so helpful," I comment sarcastically, going through my draws in search of something that will catch my eye.

"Something blue," She specifies, and the first blue item I notice is a light dress with a low cut but still sensible neckline and a hem that reaches my mid-thigh. I love this dress, but I haven't worn it many times before because I never seem to have the chance to. Seems good enough for this occasion. I pull it from its coat hanger and lay it out on the bed, choosing white sandals to go with. I finish the look off with a white cardigan.

"Get up before I have to pull you out from under all that mess." I threaten. She sighs heavily, putting her phone down as she gets up and heads to my bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

I choose a strapless bra that isn't revealed by the neckline or by the partially open back, and slip the dress over my head. By the time she's out of the bathroom I've finished getting changed. I walk in after her, splashing my face with cold water. I quickly run a brush and water through my hair, pouring cream on my hands to run it through my hair to control and define the curls, letting them fall out around my shoulders. I hurriedly brush my teeth and put on some foundation, mascara and lipgloss, with a touch of contour. I have to look presentable, considering I look like absolute trash from just waking up.

"You can just drop me home in my pj's, I don't even care." Dani announces as I exit the bathroom.

I grab my phone as Dani collects all her belongings and stuffs it all in her school bag. "Good to go?" I ask. She nods in return and I jog down the stairs as she follows behind me. The front door is wide open, and I see mum and dad sitting in the car waiting for us in the driveway.

"Lock the door behind you." My dad shouts from the car. l lock the door and wait for Nell to walk past me before shutting it.

"That was quicker than I expected." My dad comments as we open the doors and hop in, seemingly amused.