Chapter 45

HII! SO IN CASE YOU CAN'T ALREADY SEE, THEIR OUTFITS ARE AT THE TOP ^^ HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER! I ENJOYED WRITING THIS CHAPTER, AND I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO WRITING THE NEXT ONE ☺️ XX

~ CAITLIN'S POV ~

I stumble down the stairs awkwardly, nearly tripping several times. I walk into the lounge room and fall down on the couch.

I am excited for tonight, but at the same time I don't really want to go. The thought of it gets me excited at first, and then my mind wonders to talking to people I don't know for 3 hours, walking around all night, and going with no date. The last one doesn't bother me that much, but it's not reassuring. I remember dreaming of my first school ball, both Danielle and I rocking up with our boyfriends, and wearing the most amazing dresses we had bought months in advance. I guess some things just never go as planned. You can't help that happening. Hell, there is no way I could predict getting kidnapped would happen. I finally understand what happened after ages of explaining, I still remember that Danielle is a horrible explainer just like me, it kind of made sense. I don't get why Harry and I had the fight though, that is the one thing I don't get. Danielle said she didn't know either, so I guess only one person does know. When she explained Tyler taking me at the airport, I was horrified. My so-called friend. The thought sends shivers up my spine.

"Hey, what's up?" Luke's words break me from my terrifying thoughts.

"You always ask that, and I never know how to reply. Like do you actually want me to explain what I'm doing or?" It's true. I hate when he asks that, he has at least 10 times over the past 5 days. What are you supposed to reply to something like that? I mean, he can see what I'm doing. I just really don't understand.

"Yep." He smiles amusedly.

"Well, I just sat down on the couch and I'm watching...." I look up at the telly to see what's on, "the discovery channel." I tell him.

"Did you know that stingrays can live up to 25 years?" He gestures to the television, seeming so interested in the show.

"No I can't say I did." I smile. He watches the show intently, taking in every word of David Attenborough.
.
.
.
.
"Caitlin?" I hear a faint voice, waking me from my slumber. I rub my eyes and see my mother's face right in front of mine. "Caitie, we've got to start getting ready ." She tells me calmly. I sit up and look around, looking for a clock but not succeeding.

"Did I fall asleep?"

"Yes, for 3 hours." She smiles, running her fingers over my forehead.

"What time is it?" I stretch out my neck, aching from the position I was laying in.

"3:50, you've got to be there at 6:30."

"Okay. Let me go to the toilet first." I get up and walk to the bathroom.

I splash my face with cold water and lightly dab it dry with the hand towel. I walk out and see my mum walking towards the table with 2 large bags in her hands. She places them out and unzips them all. They're all filled with make-up, from what I can see. I sit down in a chair next to her and wait for her to set things up.

I agreed that she could do my make-up and hair, after all she did complete a beauty class when I was younger, and from what I can remember, she's pretty good with all that stuff. I got my nails done this morning, and I've tried really hard not to wreck them. If I do say so myself I've done pretty damn well.

A knock sounds at the door and I'm guessing it's Danielle. She's getting ready here, and my mum is doing her hair and makeup as well.

She gets up from her seat and answers the door. I hear them talking as they walk inside. They appear around the corner, a smile on both Danielle and her mother's face.