Chapter 13

~CAITLIN'S POV~

I sit up in my bed quickly, remembering that today is my birthday. I am so excited I can't wait for shopping, or tonight. Or just the rest of this day in general! I pick my phone up off the bedside table and see I have 5 new messages and 2 missed calls. Whoops. I look at the time and see it's 10:00. Shit. I hope me and Dani had enough time to get ready for tonight. I open the first one which was from Harry.

'Morning Beautiful, hope I didn't wake you! I just wanted to say Happy 18th Birthday! I tried calling u but there was no answer so call me when you you get the chance :) xoxo'

I can't help but smile. God he always made me smile, even through just a text message. I read the next message which was from Dani:

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY CAITIEBEAR! Don't forget about our shopping spree! Call me soon!'

I laugh then read the next one, which was from Lana, one of my friends back in Australia.

'Hey Caitie :D I don't know about the time difference so I hope this isn't a bad time but Happy Birthday! Wish I could be there since it's your 18th :/ missing you! xo'

She was such a sweet girl. I open the next one which was from another friend in Australia, called Hannah.

'Haaii! Happy 18th sexy gal! Hope you have a great day and partay as hard as ya can! Haha wish I could party with u guys! :D xoxo <3'

I laugh out loud. Hannah was one of those loud, cool girls. She always cheered me up, I actually really miss her. Finally I got to the last one, which was from Tyler.

'Happy Birthday Caitie :D I'll see you tonight but I thought I'd just wish u an early one first :) x'

Wow I had a lot of replying to do. But first I called Harry. He answered on the third ring.

"Happy Birthday!" He yelled in my ear.

I giggle as I pull the phone away from my ear. "Thank you! But no need to burst my eardrum. I'll need that you know."

"Hmm I think you could do just with one." I hear him laugh. "Did I wake you up?

"No, no, I only just woke up then."

"Oh good. Wouldn't want a cranky Caitlin on her birthday." I can tell that he is smiling with the way he's talking.

I smile as well. "Well you're lucky you won't have one! I've had my beauty sleep."

"Well then I'm happy. Anyway, I'm really sorry but Im going to be quite late to your party. I'll be...busy." He didn't sound very sad, and it seemed like he was hiding something.

I tried so hard not to let disappointment find it's way to my voice, but I failed. "Oh-" He cut me off.

"I've got to go now bye!" He quickly hung up without me getting to say anything. That was weird? What could he be doing that was so important? What if he just doesn't want to come? Stop thinking badly Caitlin! I go to my contacts and ring Dani.

"Happy Birthday! You finally woke up from your slumber!"

I laugh. "Yes, well I had to get a good sleep for today. What time we going shopping?"

"How about you come around in 20 minutes? We don't have long to get our hair and makeup done! Plus get our dresses!"

"Ok then. I guess I'll see you soon. I'm really excited!" I squeal.

"Same! Don't forgot a lot of money!"

We hang up and I reply to the messages from Tyler, Hannah and Lana. I get out of bed and walk downstairs. I'm greeted with no one in sight. Ok then. I walk into the kitchen and Mum and Dad jump up out of nowhere, scaring me to death. "Happy Birthday!"