Chapter 1

~CAITLIN'S POV~

I wake to the sound of my alarm, 'On Top of The World' by Imagine Dragons. I grudgingly open my eyes and lean over to unlock my phone, silencing the blaring noise.

I hesitantly pull the blanket away from my frozen body, desperately wanting more sleep, but knowing I should go for my 5am run like I planned. With a fresh start here in London, I thought it best to begin this new chapter of my life with a healthy routine to keep myself fit.

I walk miserably into the bathroom to wash my face, trying not to trip over all the packaged boxes. It's my fourth day back at school since we moved back to London from Australia a week ago, and there's still a few boxes left here and there. I study my reflection in the mirror and wonder how I'm supposed to control this unearthly mix of tangled curly golden brown hair this morning.

I grab my brush and start fighting with the knots, not caring that it will conclude in a frizz. After withstanding 5 minutes of sheer pain, I run the tap water over my hair to contain the frizz, and tie it back into a high ponytail.

I walk towards my closet, trying to get used to the luxury of a large-ish space to hold my clothes and shoes. I choose Nike leggings, a sport bra and a loose-fitted white singlet. I put on my socks and shoes, making sure to grab my phone and earphones, and my jumper. I nearly made the mistake of leaving the house in shorts and a singlet yesterday morning, tricked by the fact that the house is warm from the heater.

I jog down the stairs and see my dad packing his lunch in the kitchen. It's his first day at an Architecture company in the City which is an hours drive from here with traffic, so he's always going to have an early start to his days.

"Hey dad," I greet, walking into the kitchen as I pour myself a glass of water.

He looks up, his eyebrows furrowed as I can imagine he's surprised to see me. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Going for a run." I reply, plopping myself down on one of the stools in front of the bench.

"God why would you willingly wake up at this at time? The only reason I'm here is because of this bloody traffic and how far away the firm is." He groans, packing a sandwich, an apple and a pack of nuts into a Tupperware container he's claimed as his lunch box.

"Well then think of me as your motivation to get up," I smile convincingly, making him shake his head. "When do you leave?" I ask, as he looks up at the clock.

"In about ten minutes apparently."

"Alright well I'll be leaving now so I'll see you when I get home after school." I say, getting up and walking over to give him a hug which he returns, with the add on of a sloppy kiss on my forehead. "Yuck," I complain, wiping the saliva onto his suit sleeve.

He looks at me laughing and wiping it off his sleeve, "Hey, this is a $100 suit! Ease up." He says sarcastically.

"Sorry, I'll buy you a new one with the money I've got saved up." I play along.

"I'll be remembering your offer, a grey striped Parisian Gentleman please," he requests, making me roll my eyes.

"See you later, good luck." I say, making my way towards the front door.

"Thanks Caitie, have a good day."

After around half an hour of running/walking (I'm lazy) through the streets of Richmond, I return home to see mum in the kitchen with the blender out, the chopping board containing berries and bananas.