Chapter 46

~ DANIELLE'S POV ~

"Have fun girls, we'll be here at 9." Railene tells us as we get out of the car.

"We will, bye." I shut the door behind me and walk around to Caitlin's side. She carefully lifts her broken leg out of the car and onto the pavement. "Ready?"

"Ready." She smiles. We wave to them as we walk down the path to the gymnasium. We're 20 minutes late, but no one ever really cares when you arrive. There are other people still walking in, so it's all good. Although Caitlin was obviously stressing about it, because as soon as she sees them, her shoulders relax.

I really hope she enjoys tonight. She deserves a night to relax and have fun after everything. I hope it lets her forget about Harry and all the mixed emotions she feels towards him. I really hope it's a good night, were nearly finished year 12, and we've spent 5 years looking forward to this. I just hope everyone doesn't ask her questions the kidnapping. I already texted a few people saying she would be here and not to make a big deal. But I'm not friends with a great deal of people, so I couldn't tell everyone.

Part of me wishes Louis could be here, a very small part, but it's still there, shouting at me. We had planned for so long to double-date to the ball, and it was the one thing I was looking forward to. The special night of my senior year with the closest people

I think I am actually really falling for Louis. He's so amazing. I know that sounds so cheesy, but he really is great. I always feel so safe and comfortable when he's around, like a security blanket. But I shake the thought away. Tonight is our night, Cani night. And I'm more than fine with that. I want her to have a good time. We've been through school for 7 years with each other, and this is surely one of the most important nights of our school years.

"You ready? It's going to be crowded and loud." I warn her before we enter. Loud music is blasting from behind the closed doors, and pink lights are flashing through the cracks.

"Yep, as ready as I'll ever be." She smiles from ear to ear, but I can't tell if it's real or not. I smile back anyway, and open the door. Pumping music fills my ears as people crowd the room around us. I look over at Caitlin to see her looking around the room with wide eyes and a slight smile playing on her lips. "Let's get a drink."

"Alright, I think that's over here." I lead her towards a long table, covered in hot food and three large bowls filled with red liquid. "Fancy some punch, punch, or punch?" I gesture to each of the bowls. Caitlin laughs and shakes her head.

"Punch please." She plays along.

"Caitlin! Oh my god is it really you?" A voice squeals loudly from behind us. I mentally punch whoever this person is, and turn around to see a tall brunette in a flowing pink dress. I see the confusion cross Caitlin's face as she looks at the stranger. I'm pretty sure her name is Stacy, but I don't know her well. I think she's in my science class.

Caitlin stays silent as the girl wraps her long arms around her. I step towards them and wait for her to pull away. "How are you? I am so sorry for what happened. I hope you're doing better." Her voice is sympathetic and she seems pretty nice, but for some reason this girl is pissing me off.

"Hey, Stacy is it?" I question. She looks up at me as if seeing me for the first time.

"Yea, Danielle?"

"Yea..." I look at Caitlin and she gives me a 'you can tell her' look. "Look, Caitlin doesn't have much memory of anything after what happened, so just take it easy." I explain slowly. Realisation covers her features and she turns to Caitlin with a sad look on her face.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm Stacy. We took Maths and PE together." She tells Caitlin, and she just nods as if taking it all in. I can see the hurt look on Stacy's face as she realises that Caitlin doesn't remember her. "Well, I hope everything is better." She smiles reassuringly. She squeezes her shoulder and leaves us standing by the table.