.two.

"Sib?"

"Sib?"

I looked up at my office door, seeing Alexis poking her head in.

After that whole debacle at her aunts house, I had been keeping my distance. It's not that she had done anything wrong, but I told her I didn't want to go somewhere, where I probably wasn't wanted. Yet, she swore up and down that her aunt would be fine with it.

Turns out it wasn't her aunt I needed to be worried about. It was her nasty ass brother.

I'll admit. Maybe I was staring a little bit too hard. He just looked so unamused and uninterested. I got lost in my thoughts when I was looking at him and didn't realize.

Like why the hell aren't you happy at you're own homecoming? It's not my business but that's what I was thinking at the moment. He didn't have to snap on me the way he did.

"Yea?"

"You still mad at me?" She asked before fully stepping into my office and shutting the door behind her.

"I'm not mad at you. Just needed some space after that."

"I understand."

She sat down and I could see a stressed look across her face.

"You straight?"

"No but that just seems to be the Sutherland way."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Cube and I— never mind. This is exactly why he doesn't talk to me now. I'm always disclosing family business."

"I mean I'm one of your best friend, but I get it."

"You don't. It's deeper than a family run down. It's just some shit that's not my place to tell. Just know that my brother hates me."

"He don't hate you."

She gave me a look like "bitch yes he does", and I pressed my lips in a line.

"I'm just glad you and I are okay.....I really would like you to come for Christmas dinner tho...."

I gave her a scared look.

"Just don't stare at him and it will be cool."

"You tryna get me arrested."