.forty.six.

Kneeling in the grass, I held a picture of Lexi and shut my eyes

Kneeling in the grass, I held a picture of Lexi and shut my eyes. I figured...she's always with me so I could talk to her anywhere. Right?

"Hi Lex....I miss you. The shop is definitely missing your energy. I ain't letting nobody sit in your booth." I laughed. "I might be a lil mean about it but that's my right. For now I guess......Sire started at Alex', he said he likes it. So far it's just been training and practice, learning the more professional ways versus what he already knew."

I felt the heat of the sun hit my skin, I figured one of the clouds had passed letting it shine through. The wind blew gently and a smiled.

"Ion know if that's you or just nature. But ima pretend like it's you."

The wind blew harder, almost tipping me over and I laughed.

"Damn bitch." I giggled. "Is that your way of saying Happy Birthday to me, cuz rude."

I sighed and pressed her picture against my chest.

"God I miss you. I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. Your sass.....you took a part of me witchu Lex...from all of us honestly. Sometimes....me doing normal things feels wrong. Laughing feels wrong because I feel like I should be sad. I don't know....it's like a guilt." I paused and chewed my lip. "I just wish you were here."

Taking a deep breath, I pushed myself up from the ground and dusted off my sweatpants. Opening my eyes I looked up at the sky as the clouds passed. The sun was starting to set and it had that pretty, pink and orange tint.

"Sib!"

I turned around, looking back at the patio door and seeing Sire leaning against the frame.

"You're back." I smiled, skipping towards him.

"Yea, I was looking for you until it hit me that I should check outside." Me planted a kiss on my forehead and grabbed my hand. "You okay?"

"Mhm."

He nodded, grabbing my hand and squeezing it gently.

"Come inside, I got a surprise for you."

Following behind him, my hand in his, he led me inside and into the living room.

"Ight, stand here. Close your eyes."

I chuckled and and stood there, eyes shut tightly. I listened to Sire's feet shuffle around the living room and I crossed my arms.

"What on earth are you doing?"

"Getting ya gift. Impatient ass."

I rolled my eyes in my head. "You gave me plenty gifts today."

"Yea but I had to go pick up your last one when I ducked out. So now......" he paused and I waited, trying to come up with and idea of what he was up to. "Open your eyes."