.sixty.four.

With Sybil still in the hospital, Sire found himself restless

With Sybil still in the hospital, Sire found himself restless. He had spoken to her, and hearing her voice took some of the edge off. But the hospital wanted to keep her under watch just to make sure everything was okay. Even Dr. Moore agreed that she should be watched in case they missed something.

Sire barely left the hospital unless it was to go home and shower. He had already lost one person to a hospitals misfeasance, he wasn't going to let the same thing happen to Sybil or their son.

In the meantime, Sire had Ronnie out on the hunt for whoever was driving the car Kane sent after Sybil. It was obvious she was being followed the entire time and didn't notice it. Neither of them noticed it.

So far, Ronnie had only found the ditched SUV in an abandoned lot, something he let the police take care of since there was nobody with it.

Scottie, who had assumed leadership with Kon's organization, promised if he knew anything he would tell Ronnie. But nothing had come of it yet and Sire was 5 seconds from driving outta state and letting bullets spray on any and everybody for good measure.

Chivaugn still hadn't woke up. She was banged up bad. From the bruisings and breaking of her bones, the police put together the picture of how she blocked Sybil from the blow. She had taken her seatbelt off and practically tried to wrap herself around Sybil. Pulling her away from the door and guarding her stomach.

One the car hit them, she was jerked into the dashboard, hitting her head. Her arm was lodged between Sybil and the passenger door, leaving it broken. Among other things.

The head injury was the worst of it. And that's what everyone was praying would heal.

Paranoid, Sire made sure they did multiple scans on ChiChi, not wanting what happened to Alexis to happen to her.

Shifting in her sleep, Sybil woke slowly. Letting out a soft yawn before reaching her hands up to rub her eyes. Turning her head she found Sire, sitting in the chair beside her staring blankly.

She frowned and reached out for him, resting her hand on top his knee. He blinked and looked down at her, a smile spreading across his lips.

"Hey mama."

"Hi....you okay?"

He gave her a slow nod, but she knew he wasn't. They had only spoke briefly, he really didn't want to stress her out with his whereabouts on the day of the accident when she told him he was going to be at work and he wasn't.

"Did they get who hit us yet? They just drove off like nothing happened."

Sire shook his head. "Nah, but don't worry about that." Sire assured her. He didn't wanna burden her with the truth, that this all came back to Kane. What she needed now was rest, not to be worrying about Sire's new body or his manhunt for the driver. But at the end of the day, she deserved to know.