.twenty.two.

Sitting across from one another at the small kitchen table, the silence was palpable

Sybil tapped her fingers against her mug of tea, while Sire bounced his knee feverishly.

Neither one knew where to start. And both of them shared the same sentiment of not wanting to get into another fight.

Sucking up his pride, Sire leaned forward at the table and cleared his throat.

"I wanna apologize for interacting with ol girls photos. At the time I didn't think it was something so serious but after seeing how it affected you, I realize it was fucked up for me to do that. And I hurt you unintentionally.....and ion ever wanna bring you no pain. I should've deleted the messages as soon as I got them, shouldn't have been no looking to see what she was saying or anything."

Sybil clutched her mug, popping her lips softly with a nod.

"I shouldn't have blew up the way I did." She paused. "Kane didn't just used to hit on me, he cheated on me....religiously."

Sire sighed and sat back in the chair. Understanding Sybil's trust issues more clearly now.

"That's why you can't trust me..."

"It's not that I can't....I just have a hard time. I know you're nothing like him, sometimes I just let my worries get the better of me. When I saw those messages, I got scared."

"I understand."

Sybil sat up. "And I didn't mean what I said about us Sire....you're the first guy I've felt like this with in a long time. And I don't want that to stop...what we had...what I hope we still have was special, label or no label it doesn't matter. I wanna be with you."

"You're the first girl I felt like this....ever. That's why it fucked me up so bad."

She frowned and twiddled her fingers. Looking down at the table. "I know......and I can't explain how sorry I am. I never.....I never meant to spit in your face like that." She swallowed the lump in her throat. "And I never meant to put my hands on you."

"That's on me." He shook his head.

"It doesn't matter, I shouldn't have ever been swinging on you, no matter what you said."

"Nah...I wanted to piss you off. I was being petty. I ain't wasting my time with you and I didn't feel that way. I don't feel that way."