.thirty.two.

Sitting in front of Sire, Jacob was ecstatic about the possible idea of business

He was everything he said he was, but he could tell on the look of Sire's face, it may not be such an easy agreement.

"I know you did your research."

"Did." Sire spoke.

Jacob was legit, that wasn't the problem. The problem was his center customers. People Sire needed to avoid. Jacob was an arms dealer, he also dabbled in weight like he claimed, moving shit all the way in Staten Island.

For dirty cops and feds.

"You aren't excited?"

"I wanna stay away from heat, not distribute to em."

"I flipped you double what you expected. You can't deny that."

"That's well and fine bruh, but ion know if I can take that risk."

"I know....you just got out of prison—"

"Right, of which I have no intention on going back. You're in a business that if you get pinched, you got niggas working inside that will waste no time getting you out."

"A perk that I would share with you as an associate. They're in my pocket and they can be in yours."

"That's a different game man. One I ain't to sure I wanna sign up on."

Jacob nodded, raising his hands in defense.

"I get it. You have more things to worry about now. Before it was just you."

"The fuck does that mean?" Sire tilted his head in confusion.

"Your girlfriend. You don't want her caught in the cross."

Sire rolled his eyes. Everyone was cautious and nosy when it came down to illegal business, but Sire felt like Jacob was overstepping his little research boundaries.

"It'll do you well not to mention her."

"My apologies." He paused, sitting up. "Listen, if time comes you change your mind, you will know how to reach me. And maybe if you want out, someone else will take the brunt."

"Never said I wanted out." Sire shot down.

"Yes but every man with a woman at home eventually does. You can't do this forever and have her at the same time. Those worlds never collide. Trust me as a man who buried his wife and child. It's not a gamble a man wants to take. You're in a position to be more powerful than Deaneveah ever was, with more of the connection. It isn't a life you share with a love."

Sire eyed him, not speaking another word. Even though he heard everything he was saying loud and clearly.

Standing, Jacob fixed his suit and gave Sire a nod.