.twenty.three.

Sitting in my bed, I stared at Sire sitting in front of me

Sitting in my bed, I stared at Sire sitting in front of me. His eyes focused on anything other than my gaze, choosing to not look me in the eye after what he had just confessed to me.

His mothers parental abuse, her sexual abuse and her sex trafficking. The woman from the hall being one of the women who used to assault him....to the fact that Alexis was his daughter. Down to him killing his mother and getting out away because of it.

It was a lot of information to process in, but I kept finding myself coming back to the same emotion.

Sorrow. Sympathy. Heartache.

Uncrossing my legs I crawled towards him, moving his hands from his lap I wrapped them around me and I brought him into mine. Hugging him tightly, I didn't say a word. His arms laid limp around me for a moment until his hold tightened.

I heard him sniffle and I placed my hand behind his head.

"I've got you." I whispered to him as he began to cry.

Everything was starting to become clearer.

Even his disdain for Alexis. It was a protection mechanism. He said it himself. He disassociates.

Why would he willingly interact with her when she reminds him of all that horror? Although, I was proud of him for making an effort to have a relationship with her now, I completely understood his point of view.

"None of that was your fault...you know that?"

He didn't respond, he just held onto me and I held onto him.

I pulled back, grabbing his face in my hands.

"Look at me....she can't hurt you no more." I wiped his tears with my thumbs. "You so strong Sire."

He sighed and sniffled. Resting his hands on my waist.

"Sometime I wish I ain't do what I did....so I could ask her why......but part of me knows I wouldn't like the answer." He mumbled out lowly and I frowned.

Every part of me hurt for him. Nobody deserves that treatment, not a child, not a girl or boy, not a grown ass human being, nobody.

I couldn't understand how he was sent to prison after all of that, but in the specs of things, it was a short sentence for someone who committed an A-class felony.

"I don't know what I can say to make you feel secure Sire....but I want to. I want you to know that I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. And I'm not gonna hurt you, not again."

He rubbed his eyes, before pulling me closer to him one again.

"Thank you." He whispered.