.forty.

Heating the shower start I woke up and yawned

Sitting up, I stretched and got out of the bed. Glancing at the clock.

4:16am

I trudged into the bathroom, seeing Sire peeling off his clothes.

"You're back."

He looked aver at me, giving me a nod.

"You smell like bleach."

He smirked, shaking his head.

"My bad."

I watched him closely, yawning once more and rubbing my eyes.

"So...."

"So what?"

"Prince?"

"What about him?"

I scoffed. "What did you do?"

"I told you not to worry about it."

"I'm always going to worry."

"It's no use worrying bout a nigga who ain't breathing." He said emotionlessly.

I tucked my bottom lip in and nodded my head. Sire looked over at me and shook his head.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"That shit you do. You make that face and it's like you lowkey being judgy about shit. Sybil you know what I do, you know who I am and I ain't never lied about that shit. He had his chance, I let him off with a warning before."

"I just....don't wanna think about that side of you."

"Baby then don't think about it. Whatever you gotta do to keep the image you have of me intact? Do that shit. Don't think about what I'm doing out there. Worry about what I'm doing in here."

"And if it comes back to you?"

He sighed, leaning against the sink. "Whatchu want me to do? Promise you that shit is normal? Tell you I ain't never gonna go to prison? I can't, I don't know. But can you trust that I'm doing shit discreetly as best I can so I don't get caught up?"

I rocked back and forth on my heels.

"You wanted to be with me Esteri, and I want to be with you. Comes with the territory, if it's too much for you—"

"It's not too much okay? I've dealt with this before. High school all I did was run around with niggas like you, some family. I ain't worried about you, I'm worried about losing you. To jail or to the streets." I sighed. "Sire I just got you...and I'm only scratching the surface of falling in love witchu.....do not make me bury you. Cuz I just won't be able to stand it."