.forty.eight.

Eyeing the calendar, Sybil frowned and tore off the page, turning back and climbing back into bed

It was September 1st. Sire had been gone for almost 2 months. No calls. No texts. No letters. Nothing. She barely left Marcus' loft, she couldn't go outside and pretend like everything was peachy. She wasn't sure if she was still being watched but why even bother...

One thing she couldn't fake was the heartache she felt, with him being gone. She knew it was necessary but that didn't make it hurt any less. If she did go outside she'd probably look so miserable, whoever was watching her would figure Sire died or something.

And sure, to anyone else maybe 2 months didn't seem so long. But to her it felt like forever. It felt like the days were dragging on in slow motion.

The shop was still closed, under renovations after the shooting. Something she didn't even know was getting done until she drove past and saw workers.

Finding out later that Sire had funded the renovations before he left.

She missed him terribly.

Crumbling up August' calendar sheet, she dropped it on the floor and cuddled back into the bed. Holding the pillow tightly.

Feeling a shift in the bed, she watched as Loki climbed into the bed. A couple pounds bigger than he was before, she shook her head.

"You know you not supposed to be up here witcho big self."

Loki ignored her, walking closer to his moms body and cuddling up against her.

She let him stay and rested her hand against his stomach.

"I'm letting you stay because I'm lonely...."

Grabbing her phone for what felt like the thousandth time, she unlocked it and checked her messages. Once again, seeing nothing new.

She sighed and dropped it back into the bed. She pouted softly, before the overwhelming emotion took over her and she began to cry.

Walking up the cracked door, Chivaugn frowned hearing Sybil cry. This was all she did lately, come out to eat, and climb back in bed. She wanted Sybil to feel better but the only thing that would lift her spirits was seeing Sire, or hearing from him period.

Pushing the door open slightly, ChiChi looked to the bed. Seeing Sybil curled up with Loki.

"Stink?"

Sybil sniffled and hurried to sip her eyes.

"I'm fine."

"You're not, and that's okay." ChiChi said as she walked to the bed and climbed in.