.seventy.

5 Momths Later
February 24th

5 Momths Later February 24th

"Mommy, are you sure?"

"Star." She said calmly. "I've taken care of a baby before. Remember? You used to be one."

I sighed and gave my mother a smile. She was right. I just was having trouble with the idea of leaving Silas. Even if it was only for 2 nights.

Sire had planned to get me out of the house, for relaxation but also because it was our anniversary tomorrow. We had been together for 2 years now. It honestly was baffling to me. Time had flown, in more ways than one.

Walking over to the play pen, I looked down at Silas. He was 5 months old, nearing six and I just couldn't believe it.

"Hi mommy's lil man."

He grinned up at me, mumbling gibberish and I pouted.

"Ugh. My baby."

My mom laughed and rested her hands on my shoulder.

"Go out. You guys will be back in two days."

I sighed. "Did I pump enough breast milk, cuz what if you run out of bottles—"

"Star, there's enough."

"Okay, but what if he won't stop crying because we're not here?"

"I know how to smooth a crying baby. Besides, I'm his grandma. He knows family."

"What if he randomly gets a cold? The house has been chilly sometimes—"

"Then I'll call Dr. Moore, because you left her number on the fridge. And if the house is cold, baby I'll just turn up the heat." She laughed softly and I let out a deep breath.

"I have it handled sweetie. Enjoy your weekend, enjoy your anniversary. Okay?"

"Yes mommy." I gave her a nod.

Hearing Sire coming down the stairs, I turned to catch a glimpse of him. Carrying 2 duffel bags, he dropped them by the door before walking into the living room.

"You ready mama?"

I give him a nod as he wrapped his arms around me, kissing my cheek. Letting me go he stepped in front of my mother, dong the same and she laughed softly with a smile.

"You guys enjoy your time, I've got everything under control here."

Stepping over, I hugged her myself.

"Love you mommy."

"Love you too baby."

I let her go, and walked back over to the playpen.