.six.

Same Day

Same Day

"Thanks for bringing me." Alexis spoke to Sybil.

"No problem."

She watched Alexis, flowers in hand, walk through the snowy wet grass stopping at a headstone. She crouched down, balancing on her toes and laid the flowers on top.

Sybil stood behind her, giving her silent companionship.

"She's not really in there you know.....she was burnt too badly from the fire."

"What exactly happened? You always say she died in a fire, but weren't you in the house too?" Sybil inquired.

Alexis wanted to tell her, but she just felt like it wasn't her story to tell. Even though she survived it and was traumatized by it.

And to tell Sybil what happened, she'd be telling why Sire went to prison.

"It's really....difficult to explain. Just know it was intentional."

Sybil frowned. "I'm so sorry."

Hearing a car door behind them, the turned around. Both shocked to see Sire getting out of a cab before it drove away.

Alexis stood up and scolded him. "You shouldn't be here."

"I'll go where the fuck I want." He grumbled before walking past her and Sybil.

He stepped in front of the grave and looked down at the engraved stone.

"I hate you." He said softly into the wind. Making sure neither Sybil of Alexis heard him.

He read the writing in the stone before laughing.

"Who chose this shit, you?"

Alexis scoffed. "Yea I did."

He turned to her. "Loving and doting mother? To fuckin who?"

Alexis shook her head. "I'm not doing this with you, not here, not today and not in front of my friend."

"Okay." He said with a scoff.

Alexis watched as he pulled the blunt from behind his ear. Lighting it quickly and placing it between his lips.

She knew Sire hated her, but she still craved his attention and affection. But he wouldn't give it to her, as to why, she still didn't know.

But Sire was clear when he said she wasn't supposed to exist. Alexis didn't know the horrors that occurred for her to even be breathing right now and every second he was around her, or looked at her he was reminded of that time in his life.