.seven.

"So what's y'all New Years resolutions?" Marcus asked the group as the waited for midnight

ChiChi, Alexis, Marcus, Sybil, Sire and Mindy.

All gathered at Marcus apartment to bring in the new year.

Sybil didn't understand why Mindy was here, she wasn't a constant member of the group. And it was clear she was only here to try and get in Sire's face.

Alexis and Sire kept their distance from one another. After the stunt at the cemetery, she had given up her strides for her brothers affection. Even though she knew it wouldn't last long. She's be trying to get into his life soon enough.

"Get money." Sybil spoke.

"You already do that." Marcus responded causing her to shrug.

"And ima keep doing it."

They shared a laugh before Sybil glanced over at Sire. He was eyeing her intently and she was dying to know why.

For someone who didn't like being stared at, she had found him staring at her a lot lately.

Standing to her feet, she headed into the kitchen to make herself another drink. Feeling Sire's eyes following her.

Behind the secluded kitchen, she lost view of the friends gathered on the couch. Grabbing the coconut rum and cranberry juice, she mixed a simple drink.

She heard the steps of timbs approaching, but kept her focus on mixing her drink.

"Shit you said yesterday...." he began, causing her to stop stirring her drink and look to her left.

"What?"

"About how you couldn't hate ya family."

She frowned. "I shouldn't have said that, ion know your life."

"You don't. Lexi childhood and my childhood don't got nothing in common. And ion know you like that for you to be judging."

"Well, I'm sorry."

"It's all good."

He sipped his drink, still keeping his eyes on Sybil.

"Can't figure you out tho."

"Figure me out?" She questioned curiously.

"You got this damn attitude but then you be wanting to be nice to me. Wassup witchu?"

"It's called being nice person. You should try it."

"I'm nice."

"Riiiight, and I sing like Beyoncé."