BONUS/SHORT .2.

FLASHBACK

Clouds drifted above on a greyscale theme

Clouds drifted above on a greyscale theme. The tease of thunder and the smell of rain coming. He didn't care. Nothing was going to stop him or his plans.

Nearing 7:30, he could see Shannade and Alexis at the dinner table. A smile plastered on Shannade face, one Sire knew was fraudulent.

Last week when he uttered the words to her, she didn't take him seriously. She felt as though she had Sire on a leash, he feared her so he'd never have the balls.

"Ima kill yo ass."

Laughing in his face, she reached her hands out and shoved him into the wall.

"You're 22 and alone. All you got is me. That street shit? Is a fantasy. I'm what you got, you ain't got it in you to hurt me."

"Why not? All you do is hurt me."

"I made you a man."

"You made my life hell."

She rolled her eyes. "You think you'd be fuckin grateful Sekhani. I could've just gotten rid of you."

Licking his lips, he nodded to himself as he stood in the alley.

"You should've." He spoke softly, pulling his gun out from behind him. Silencer already attached he aimed through the window. Taking a deep breath before his eyes locked onto Shannade's.

She eyes him in the darkness outside, seeing the cool metal reflect in the moonlight. Her lips curved in a smirk and she squinted at him. Nodding her head slightly, daring him to pull through. Knowing he would fail.

Overwhelmed, Sire lowered his gun and inhaled deeply. Their eyes still in a lock as she seemed to chuckle at his weak will.

She glanced down at Alexis, making sure she wasn't paying attention before looking back outside. Mouthing a taunt to her son outside.

"Pathetic."

She blew him a kiss and resumed eating her dinner. Not bothering to give him another glance.

Sire began to breathe heavily, becoming more frustrated as the seconds passed.

"I ain't pathetic. I ain't worthless. I ain't useless......and you ain't gon put me through no more pain."

Tears streaming down his face, he sniffled. Raising his gun he took another deep breath.

Shannade looked up again, just for a moment. Her eyes locking with Sire's and followed by a quick and swift pain through her body. Her eyes glued to his before breath got caught in her lungs and the feeling in her flesh ran cold.