Part 8

7:27
-

Kaeya put on a hoodie and jeans, he was getting ready to go to Toska Town. He heard a car silently pull up. It was Zhongli.

Kaeya ran down the stairs and quietly opened the door to the outside then greeted Zhongli with a wave.

"Thanks so much for driving," Kaeya said as he was buckling himself in, "No problem." Zhongli replied.

They drove to the entrance of Toska Town. "Should I just park my car right here?" Zhongli asked as he put his car in park, "Mhm," Kaeya nodded as he got out of the car.

Zhongli got out and dusted off his suit, "And uh Zhongli..?" Kaeya looked at him, "Yeah?" He replied, "They don't know I'm king so..can you not tell them? They don't even know I'm from Celeste City.." Kaeya felt a bit ashamed of himself.

"Yeah, that's fine." Zhongli didn't think anything of it.

"Thanks, a lot." Kaeya said before opening the gate to Toska Town, Zhongli's heart dropped when he saw how creepy it looked, especially at night.

"I think I've memorized where their place is.." Kaeya was unsure but he trusted his gut feeling. "You think?" Zhongli was concerned that they would get lost. "Yeah, come with me." Kaeya said as he started walking with Zhongli.

Everyone was staring at them, because of Zhongli's suit. They didn't really mind Kaeya.

————

25 minutes passed and Kaeya finally found the small house, Kaeya smiled at Zhongli. "I'm happy that you'll get to see him again." He nodded, Zhongli didn't look at him..Zhongli looked, ashamed?

Kaeya didn't think about it, it must be between Zhongli and Childe so he didn't want to get into his personal life.

Kaeya knocked on the door and Klee answered.

"Mr. Kaeya!" Klee exclaimed happily, "And Mr. Kaeya's friend," Klee smiled at Zhongli, Zhongli gulped..he looked nervous, like he was about to do something that was gonna be uncalled for.

"Klee, whose at the door?" Albedo came over and looked at Kaeya, then at Zhongli.

"Whose this?" Albedo asked, "This is my dri—uhh..my friend. His name is Zhongli." Kaeya said. "Mhm, and why is he wearing a suit?" Albedo looked down at Zhongli's clothes, "He wanted to look presentable." Kaeya already had that excuse in mind.

Albedo didn't believe him but he trusted Kaeya enough to know that there must've been a good reason to lie. "Alright, you can come in. I don't want you to get a cold." Albedo opened the door wider then closed it when both Kaeya and Zhongli got in.

"Where Childe?" Kaeya asked, "He's in the kitchen, making dinner." Albedo responded while he went over to Klee and started designing bombs with her again.

Zhongli looked at Kaeya, he looked so worried and nervous. His drivers face was often very blank and unreadable but..this was different.

"Ajax! Kaeya and..his friend are here!" Albedo called to Childe, "Ajax..?" Zhongli has never heard Childe get called by his real name before.

"Alright! Coming!" Childe said from the kitchen. When Zhongli heard that voice, the voice he loved, the voice that he was going to betray..he felt a small drop of sweat hit his face.

Childe came out from the kitchen and looked up.

They stared at each other.

"Zhongli..?" Childe stared at Zhongli with horror, but yet relief in his eyes. He didn't know how to act.

Albedo stared at them both confused, Kaeya smiled a bit.

"Childe..they—they told me you were dead." Zhongli ran to Childe and embraced him. He tried bot to cry but he couldn't help it.

After a few minutes Childe hugged him back, "I didn't think I would ever see you again.." Zhongli said under his sobs.

"I'm so sorry I left you, I didn't know what to do..I was scared." Childe hugged him a bit harder, feeling his body against his.

Albedos eyes widened when he heard that Childe was actually scared once. He's always seen Childe as a tough guy that wasn't feared by anything..but loosing the people he loved was the scariest thing he could've possibly thought of.

"I'm sorry too.." Zhongli cleared up his sobs. He backed away from the hug and looked at Childe for a minute.

Zhongli took his phone out of his pocket and clicked a button on it.

"You can come in now."
Zhongli said into his phone.

Guards immediately busted down the door with guns bigger then their own heads, and armor that looked a bit better and more protected.

Kaeya's eyes widened, "What did you do?!" Kaeya yelled at Zhongli, Zhongli stayed silent as he looked at Childe.

Childes eyes widened as he watched stage guards go around his home, he finally came back to his senses when he saw one laid a hand on Kaeya's shoulder.

"KAEYA!" Childe shouted as he pushed Zhongli out of the way and jumped on the guard that touched Kaeya. Little did he know that the guard was never going to hurt Kaeya, the king of Celeste City.

"AJAX STOP IT YOU'RE GOING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED!" Albedo ran to help Childe but he was blocked by one of the guards putting a gun to his head.

Albedos eyes widened.

He felt tears roll down his face, and started shaking. He didn't want to die. No one did.

The guards were about to fire at Childe before Kaeya spoke, "DON'T FUCKING FIRE AT HIM YOU IDIOTS!" The guards looked at him, they stood still and put their guns away from Childe.

Albedo and Childe looked at Kaeya.

Kaeya walked over to the guard with the gun against Albedos head, he too the gun from the guard and looked at Albedos wide, horrified eyes.

"What do you want us to do Kaeya? We can easily send them to jail for multiple thin—" Kaeya interrupted the guard, "Leave them be, please..they were just trying to survive." Kaeya looked over at the guards just so he wouldn't make eye contact with Albedo or Childe.

Until he saw Klee.

Klee looked horrified, she was shaking. She was..

She was shot.