Part 36

"You're not gonna kill him are you?" Scaramouche said while looking at Albedos passed out body tied to a chair. "Of course not," Kaeyas eyes were stern and narrow while looking at Albedo, "I'm the king, I don't get my hands dirty." He then walked away, leaving Scaramouche and a passed out Albedo alone together. Scaramouche kneeled in front of Albedo, grazing his fingers along Albedos jawline. "I'm sorry, Albedo." Scaramouche stood up, feeling disgusted with himself that he betrayed not only his boss but everyone he worked with as well. 

---------------

"You did the right thing," Angel smiled as she put a hand on Kaeyas shoulder as comfort, "I hate this, I don't want to be hurting these people especially when most of them are innocent." Kaeya looked down and hoped not to tear up. "Don't put yourself down, a large majority of them are horrible people." Angel lifted Kaeyas chin up so she could look at him, Kaeya stared at Angel with soft eyes. "You don't need to worry alright?" Angel hugged him, Kaeya didn't hug back just yet, "Alright.." He smiled as he hugged her back. 

"So cute!" His mother mumbled from inside the palace. 

---------------

(Night)

Zhongli walked along side the palace, having nothing to do. Until he heard the bushes rustle. He shined his flashlight near it and started walking towards the bush, thinking that it was gonna be an animal of some sort. When he pushed the bushes back he didn't find anything. "Hm." Zhongli was relieved that he didn't have to chase off another raccoon like he did the night before. He suddenly felt arms drop around his shoulders, making him gasp a bit and his heart start pounding from being scared to look who was behind him. 

He felt as the person behind him blew air on his ear, making Zhongli twitch a little and wince. He then heard a soft chuckle next to his ear, Zhongli opened his eyes, terrified. He slightly looked next to him. 

His face was met with a familiar ginger. 

It was Childe.

They stared at each other for a minute. 

. . .

Zhongli then finally fully processed the situation and jumped away from Childe with a small yell. "What the hell?!" Zhongli shouted as he stared at Childe. Childe had a smile on his face, "That's no way to great your husband Zhongli!" Childe chuckled under his breath. "You're not my husband anymore Childe, and don't you even remember that I'm the reason you were put in jail?" Zhongli lowered his flashlight. "Yes but that doesn't mean I love you any less!" Childe started walking towards Zhongli and hugged him lovingly, "Ugh--get off me." Zhongli pushed Childe and was able to get out of the embrace, "I can and will send you back to jail. You aren't suppose to be here." Zhongli looked away from Childe.

"Come on, I missed you!" Childe pouted, Zhongli groaned as a response. "Plus," Childe grabbed onto Zhonglis hand and pulled him in front of him, his charming smile making Zhongli uneasy. "I know just how to please you." Childe whispered into Zhonglis ear as he put his arm around his waist. Zhongli bit his lip, but didn't give in. "I'm sorry Childe," He took Childes arm off of him and backed away from him. "You aren't in my life anymore." Zhongli sighed as he looked at Childe one last time before saying, "You should leave before the guards catch you here, we'll both get in trouble." Zhongli then walked away. 

Childe sighed, heart broken. "Fuck.." he muttered as he realized he had ruined any type of relationship he had between him and Zhongli. He then began walking back to Toska Town to wherever he has been living. 

------------

Husbands reunite, but at what cost? -Author