Part 17

————

Scaramouche was getting ready for the day when Valentin knocked on his door, "What?" Scaramouche put his hat on. "Dottore wants to see you, in his office." Valentin said while he walked off. Scaramouche groaned.

This early? He thought as he started walking to Dottores office.
When he opened the door Dottore has playing with a pen, "Ah, you're here!" Dottore sat up straight, "I have something I want to tell you, help me figure out if it's a good idea." Dottore said.

"Alright, what's your idea?" Scaramouche asked as he sat down on a chair. "Well, in involves our little newbie. Albedo, if you don't know what I'm talking about." Dottore teased. Scaramouche let out a low groan like he'd just been offended.

"What about him?" Scaramouche said. "I want him to take my place." Dottore smirked. Scaramouche stared at him for a second before jump up from his chair, "What?! Are you insane?! You just met him!" He shouted.

"Yes but, since he doesn't have memory of that Childe person anymore..I've seen he's fit for the position." Dottore turned his chair and got up. He walked over to Scaramouche with a cocky smirk. "I think I should be the one taking your place. I'm more qualified then him," Scaramouched teethed.

"Ahaha, you're so very funny Scaramouche." Dottore patted his head in a mocking way. "I wasn't joking sir, he hasn't even been here for a week!" Scaramouche hit Dottores hand off of his head.

"Well, to be completely honest with you..I've already made the decision. He is taking my place." Dottore went back to his chair. "And you'll be working under him, just like you are now with me." Dottores cocky face turned softly into a serious one.

"If you try to decline your sister is dead." Dottore spoke. Scaramouches eyes widened and he gritted his teeth together. "So, tell me Scaramouche. Is this a good idea?" Dottore smirked.
Scaramouches tense body softened and he sighed.

"It's more then a great idea, sir." Scaramouche looked away. "That's what I thought," Dottore closed his eyes. "You can leave now." He said, Scaramouche nodded and left.

————

"Hey Scaramouche!" Valentin walked along side Scaramouche, "What do you want?" Scaramouche teethed. "I was wondering, what did Dottore talk to you about?" Valentin made a interested face. "It's.." Scaramouche sighed.

"Albedo is taking his place as boss, I don't agree with the actions he's about to do..what even worse is that I have to work under him." Scaramouche blinked over to look at Valentin. "Dottore's..leaving his position?" Valentin stared at the ground nervously. "Yeah, that's what I said." Scaramouche looked at him with confusion.

"Where's Albedo?" Valentin intensely looked at Scaramouche, "Why would you want to know?" Scaramouche crossed his arms, "I'm gonna fucking kill him that's why," Valentin's tone was more than aggressive. Scaramouche stared at Valentin with a blank face.

"Killing him won't do anything, if Dottore really wants to retire from his position then he'll give it to me if Albedo isn't available. You're gonna kill me too?" Scaramouche said. Valentin shook his head no aggressively then began to speak, "He won't, he just wants Albedo to be the boss because he knows everything about that stupid symbol on his neck! He acts like he doesn't but I know he does," Valentin shouted, "If he wanted someone with the same symbol on their neck then he would've chose you sooner." Scaramouche added.

"My symbol is tattooed on Scaramouche, have I really never told you that?! Almost everyone in Khaenri'ah had a symbol like that somewhere on their body..I didn't get one so I just tattooed it on myself." Valentin then pushed Scaramouche out of the way as he went down the stairs, "Don't hurt that boy Valentin," Scaramouche seemed like he didn't really care.

"Shut up," Valentin replied as he went to go to Albedos room.

—————
(With Kaeya)

"Your posture is a little..wonky," Thoma chuckled with an embarrassed tone. "I'm sure posture doesn't matter Thoma." Kaeya rolled his eyes, "Wellll, it sorta kinda does. It's disrespectful to have bad posture in the presences of fellow superiors and high ranked people." Thoma sighed as he watched Kaeya fail again with his posture.

"It hurts," Kaeya winced as his lower back began to cramp. "Because you never have good posture, it's only going to hurt for a few days then it'll be fine and you'll have perfect posture!" Thoma smiled.

"Is this alright?" Kaeya was trying to hold his posture still even though it hurt more then anything, well, anything physically. "Yes, that fine. For now.." Thoma looked away then checked it off his list.

"Next is how you're going to pour tea for superiors!" Thoma seemed excited. "I thought I was suppose to learn how to become for royal, not how to act at a tea party." Kaeya groaned as him and Thoma walked out into the large garden to practice.

"Having tea with high ranks is more common then you think Kaeya! It's a nice relaxing drink, also tastes excellent." Thoma sat down at a chair, "Here," Thoma gave him a paper. "This shows how to hold the tea, pour the tea, drink the tea ect." Thoma nodded meaning that he agreed with himself.

"This is a bunch of crap," Kaeya sighed as he began pouring the tea for his cousin Thoma. He hated doing this, as you can obviously tell.

————

After a long tea session Kaeya finally got to just relax in the bed that was always prepared for him. He missed his old bed but there was really nothing he could do about it, he also continued to think about Albedo and..maybe Childe a little too. He didn't dare to think about Klee because he thought that her getting shot was his fault.

He sighed as he laid on his bed looking up at the ceiling with a sorrowful look on his face.

I'm so sorry Albedo..I really should've told you before all this happened. I shouldn't have trusted Zhongli, I just..—I'm so stupid so times. He thought to himself as he turned and started looking at the wall instead