Part 57

"Young man..?" Mrs. Alberich gripped onto Childes sleeve, Childe stopped in his tracks and turned his head to Mrs. Alberich, with some blood splattered on his cheek. Mrs. Alberich's eyes widened and she had realized she had made a big mistake. "I-I'm sorry," She stuttered from fear and accidentally tripped, falling on the ground. She trembled as she saw Childe walk closer to her. She flinched when she saw his hand move.

Nothing happened for a while.

She soon opened her eyes and saw Childe looking blankly at her with a hand out, she gulped but accepted it to help her up. "Do I know you..? You look awfully familiar." She spoke in a calmer voice.

Childe shook his head, "No," he answered, lying, "Oh..I'm sorry." She looked away, "You knew my husband though," he added. "Husband..?" She repeated in a shocked voice. A homosexual marriage, let alone relationship in this city was barely heard of.

 "Zhongli," Childe said, ignoring her reaction.

"Zhongli, I believe he was our driver..and he made himself our guard as well." Mrs. Alberich fidgeted with her nail, " 'Knew..?' " she repeated Childe choice of words. "Has something happened to him?" She asked, "He's dead," Childe added, "I'll keep you safe for now, for his sake.".

Mrs. Alberich nodded as a response. "Where's your husband?" Childe asked, "He..I don't know, he decided to run off somewhere. He didn't tell me where or when he'd be back." She said. Childe sighed, "Alright." Childe looked around then looked back at Mrs. Alberich, "Come with me," he said as he started cautiously walking, Mrs. Alberich behind him to find a safe place. 

--------------------

Kaeya placed Albedo down on his bed, he had already locked the door just incase. "Albedo," Kaeya spoke with a scratchy voice. Kaeya felt his pulse, he was thankfully still alive. Kaeya began bursting into tears as he was kneeled next to the bed that Albedo was on. 

"I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have gone to Toska Town that day, you still would've been yourself." Kaeya wiped his tears with his sleeve. There was a loud knock on the door, Kaeyas attention moved his head over to the door. 

"Albedo? Are you in there?! We need your help!" A males voice said from behind the door, "Yeah! Half our people are dead! We can't keep fighting, we are going to lose no matter what we do." Another males voice said. 

Kaeya at passed out Albedo, he breathed heavily as he thought on what to do. 

Some time passed and the males voice spoke again, "Albedo?", this brought Kaeya out of his thoughts. He had an idea in mind. 

It wouldn't be hard to sound like Albedo, right? Kaeya got his voice ready and began to speak in a voice that was the closest to what he could do to sound like Albedo, "Call the fi--" Kaeya's voice cracked and he began again, "Call the fight off!" god..that sounded nothing like Albedo. 

Kaeya got nervous as it went silent. 

...

"We will sir," One said and then walked over to call off the fight. Kaeya mouthed, 'yes!'. Now all he had to do was call off his guards. Easy enough. 

---------------------

Kaeya looked at Albedo one last time then walked out of the bedroom to call off his guards. He walked over to his balcony in the office and looked down at everybody fighting, the people from Toska Town were beginning to run back to Toska Town as for others were attempting to. Kaeya grabbed a microphone that was left there from earlier days. 

A loud ear recking noise came from it and grabbed everyones attention. Kaeya began speaking, "Celeste City, surrender!" Kaeya shouted. The guards dropped their weapons and all the innocent people began running home. Everyone from Toska Town ran back, passing all the guards, he even saw some people run out of his palace, going back to Toska Town. He waited until everyone left and the gate to Toska Town was closed to speak again, "Clean the city up, then report back to me." Kaeya put the microphone down and walked away from then balcony.

-----------------------

the Mitski song at the top reminded me of my fanfic that's why I added it -Author