Part 26

————
(Night)

"Kaeya, glad to see you again." One of his superiors smiled as they greeted him, "It's nice too see you also," Kaeya took out his hand for his superior to shake it, and he did.

"Please, sit. We have a few things to discuss." His superior nodded as they walked to their own seat. Kaeya sat down.

"About Toska Town..ever since you left, we haven't been able to work on the problem. Toska Town is now half of Celeste Coty, it's growing rapidly..we can't just stand here and do nothing about it." Someone said, "What are we suppose to do about it? We don't know who owns Toska Town." Someone else added.

"Yes, but we can send some guards to figure it out." Someone else said, "No," Kaeya budged into the conversation, "That's a foolish idea, I've been to Toska Town myself and I feel as if someone more..well built then the guards." Kaeya crossed his legs.

"More well built? Like who?" Someone asked, "The chief?" Someone added.
"Mhm, since Toska Town has gotten bigger don't you think they've got a better guard system for themselves?" Kaeya spoke.

"You're right..great idea. I'll contact the chief and our highest guards to be on that right away." Someone said, everyone nodded in agreement.

"Then this should be dismissed. We will all do what we need too." A woman stood up and said. Everyone stood up and started walking out.

Kaeya was one of the last to get to the door, but a woman stopped him. He looked over his shoulder and saw her.

Her clear skin, wavy hair, and dark brown eyes were stunning. "You did great Kaeya, I'm glad you're back." She smiled then walked out.

Kaeya got a bit flustered, but he shook it off and walked out.

————

"How was it dear? Were they kind too you?" Kaeya's mother grabbed his hands and had a hopeful look on her face.

"Yes, it was nice." Kaeya smiled. "Good..the servants made dinner." His mother smiled back as she went to the kitchen.

Kaeya soon followed after he took his shoes off.

—————

"Where's dad?" Kaeya asked as he sat down, "He doesn't come to dinner anymore..it's nice having someone to have dinner with again." Kaeya's mother seemed like she didn't want to talk about it so Kaeya didn't mention it again.

"I didn't want you to leave Celeste City you know..it was your fathers idea." His mother took a sip of her wine. "I know, I'm sorry for even going to Toska Town and causing trouble." Kaeya said kindly.

"Why did you go to Toska Town in the first place?" She asked with a curious yet a bit disappointed expression on her face.

"I was curious." Kaeya responded, "What made you go there more than once?" His mother asked, Kaeya got a bit of sweat from that but he chuckled awkwardly as he decided to answer, "I just met someone there..that's all." He looked away.

"Met someone? Like a lady? Who? Was she kind? Was she pretty?" Kaeya's mother was interested in this 'woman'.

Kaeya was about to correct her before he saw the look in her eyes, she looked like a little child who just found out that their brother had a girlfriend and wanted to know all about her and get to know her. I guess that's just how parents are.

"..yeah, she was pretty. And kind." Kaeya smiled, his mother filled with excitement, "Maybe you'll get to see her again!" His mother didn't seem to mind that the person was from Toska Town.

"Yeah, maybe.." Kaeya dug into his food after that.

Great, now his mind is stuck on Albedo. He did wish to see him again, and he often had dreams about him..but he always seemed to be getting hurt in them. It was strange, being able to see someone you only met a few times in your dream, and hearing their voice even if you don't remember it.

————
(After dinner)

"Have a good sleep my son." Mrs. Alberich kissed the top of Kaeya's forehead with a heart warming smile on her face. "You too mom." Kaeya smiled back then started heading upstairs.

He yawned and fell down into his bed, "Nice being here again.." he said with a raspy voice. He groaned as he remembered that he needed to change into new clothes for the night, he didn't wanna get up he was too tired. But he forced himself too, and he brushed his teeth.

———

He was dressed in plaid red and black pants and a plain gray t-shirt, his eye patch actually going surprisingly well with the outfit too. He turned to his side and slowly took the eyepatch off.

Revealing the an different colored eye, black, his parents always thought it was heterochromia but they soon found out it was for a different reason. They didnt tell Kaeya what the actual reason for his black was but they made him hide it.

Kaeya put the eyepatch on his nightstand and closed his eyes.

Seeing glimpses of that blonde boy he once knew, not very well but he knew him.

—————