➻Chapter 28- Safe With Me.

ADELE'S POV:

"You heard me."

It took me one insane minute to register and comprehend everything Tyler was saying and doing. Like, for god's sake! I was already breaking with nervousness here.

I breathed in a serious gasp before I finally mumbled my reaction, "Trip? What trip, Tyler?"

"Don't worry, Hadwin," A playful chuckle rolled out of Tyler's lips causing me to hold in a breath, "It's not only for me and you. Bryan and Nicole would be there too since this is what I've planned for Nicole's birthday. A good long surprise trip," Tyler added and I relatively sighed with my mouth slightly agape.

Oh.

The trip was for Nicole's birthday?

Of course, what else were you even thinking witless human?

"Ooh!" I briefly nodded, a hint of obscure disappointment was clearly noticeable in my tense nod, "That's...that's great. Although, what places are we going?"

"Well, let that be a surprise for you too, hm? How about that?" An alluring smirk played around Tyler's lips and I couldn't help but gape at those full lips. Oh, my, god, mercy. Why was this jerk so darn attractive? Why?

Oh well, oh no, pull yourself together, Adele! God forbid, what are you gaping at those lips for?

I shook my head immediately.

"Yeah?" I managed to say with a tiny smile and he nodded in response, that goddamn smirk still not dropping off his face.

"Yeah."

"Alright then. Let's...do it. I'll inform Bry," I pursed my lips while attempting to wiggle my way out somehow, "I think I should leave now..."

With that said, I tried to get away—inadvertently forgetting that his hand still locked me within. I wanted to pace away as quickly as I could! Not because I felt uneasy but because I was hot and sweating with nervousness and to know Tyler freaking Scott affected me so much? Oof, Adele, oof!

Before I could wiggle my way away, his head tilted to the side blocking me dead in my tracks, again. My breaths and stride hitched altogether at that. His face was once again closer to mine and I had turned into a statue, once again.

"Did you like the plan at least?" Tyler whispered and I looked up at him, meeting his gaze.

"I did." Nodding with honesty, I smiled and this time he smiled too. A genuine smile instead of that troublesome smirk.

"Alright. See you then," Tyler uttered amidst his smile and finally made way for me, moving aside. Thank heavens. Thank heavens!

"See...you."

Immediately mumbling those words, I breathed out a deep sigh of relief—shuffling away from him as swiftly as I can.

Tyler chuckled softly from behind, obviously at how I acted.

I trudged back and reached the backyard, bolting my way towards Nicole, who still sat on the barstool looking incredibly baffled.

"Adele!" Exclaimed Nicole as soon as I reached her. Gasping, I instantly took a seat next to her on the barstool, trying to calm myself down. Another reason why Tyler wouldn't escape my mind even for a minute. Golly darn!