➻Chapter 46 - It's Yours.

TYLER'S POV:

"Feels great to know that I can shake your focus," I whispered, slowly brushing a strand of hair behind her ear, "Just like you did mine last night."

As I said those words, I experienced a variety of emotions all at once, which caused my heart to pound rapidly. It was a mix of everything. I awaited her response while being terrified, eager, and anxious as I grazed her cheek involuntarily which allowed me to bore straight into her eyes and find the answers I was looking for. I desperately wanted her to understand how much she meant to me and affected me last night—even if I wasn't able to articulate it yet. Of course, I couldn't make her feel precisely how I do, but I guess, that was what I wanted. I wanted her to share the same feelings as me, desperately. Through my words, all I wanted her to know was—everything that happened last night was magical to me. And how much I would give literally anything to experience that again.

As expected, I did see Adele's eyes grow wider with astonishment at my words but I couldn't find the regret that I expected them to have. She was surprised with a mirthful flare on her face, waiting for me to speak more which I really wanted to. My emotions were at a point that if it wasn't for someone to interrupt us, I would've expressed my feelings to her right then.

"Adele?"

When Jake's voice rang from behind us, it caused Adele to spring in utter shock and fear which had her feet slipping off the edge of the pit she was standing near. Flustered, I immediately tried to hold her and refrain the dangerous fall, but I failed. Instead, both of us rolled harshly into the deep pit and Adele shrieked with absolute fear. Everything happened so quick and within span of seconds that all I could do was just try and save the two us from major injuries. Whenever stones pricked at my skin while we slid into the hole, I winced but that only made me hold tighter onto Adele, to avoid having her feel the same thing.

As soon as we hit the ground, I unclenched my arms from around Adele and hauled her to the side, while my arm had a violent collision with a large stone, sending a wave of searing, stabbing pain through me.

"Shit," I winced under my breath and instantly held my arm with other, while pain kept my eyes tightly shut, and I could feel sweat forming on my forehead.

"Fuck!" Jake screamed from above us as he went haywire with Nicole.

"Shit shit shit," Nicole panicked, "We need to get help, Jake!"

"R-Right, right," Jake responded as quick as he can, "Adele! Tyler, please stay calm. We're going to get some help! Please, stay calm, we will be back as soon as possible! We will get you out of there! Just stay calm!"

It felt as though Jake was trying to calm himself down instead of providing us comfort but I still nodded nevertheless, through my pain. Immediately after, Jake and Nicole rushed to get help and I winced again shutting my eyes as another sharp pang shot through me.

"No, no, no!" I heard Adele crawl towards me anxiously and soon after, her shivering hands slid over my cheeks and she stroked them, "Tyler, fuck! You're bleeding!"

My eyes opened at that very instant and I looked at her, only to find her sobbing and looking at me with genuine terror and concern. Despite the excruciating pain in my arm, I cracked a big smile at that very moment when she gave me that look. Before I eventually spoke, I took a quick pause to process how concerned she was about me.