➻Chapter 9 - Hey, Babe.

ADELE'S POV:

With my face shoved in my palms, I groaned in utter annoyance. Whatever happened at the dinner table made me feel as though I'd burst with frustration right now. My leg rapped briskly, as I sat rooted on my bed when my mind couldn't stop playing every word, every scene that happened downstairs.

"What is with this guy, fucking hell?!" I grumbled, rubbing my temples, "Why does he always have to spoil everything? Why does he have to be a jerk, always?"

Rumbling to myself, I shook my head. Really though. It was enough! Just enough. I hate that jerk with every nerve and bone in my body. That egoistic, mannerless, attractive asshole. He made me feel uneasy and relentless after the argument we had downstairs and I just couldn't seem to drop it. I was frustrated, mad and upset beyond words.

Why couldn't Tyler just behave with me. For once? Why did he always had to be a jerk, especially when our families were so close? I couldn't shake away all these thoughts. I couldn't stop pondering and feeling terrible internally about it. Although he was a complete jerk to me, I couldn't figure out why his behavior affected me so much? He has always been that way. Rude and Arrogant. But I still had a tiny hope within me that somehow, someday, it'll all change between us, however, tonight he even crushed that tiny hope and now I knew for sure it was always going to be this way between us.

He wouldn't change.

"Gosh, why can't I stop thin—

My muttering was abruptly interrupted by a sudden knock on the door, to which I inhaled a sharp breath. I had zero energy or even the mood to talk to anybody.

"Just leave me alone!" I hollered at the door.

The knocking ceased which made me doubt the person had actually listened to me. But just seconds later, my doubt was completely erased when the door knob twisted and there came an amiable voice,

"Hey?"

Wait, that voice...My face scrunched up at how familiar that voice was, which caused me to flick my head up at the door that very instant.

Astonished, my eyes flew wide viewing the girl standing on the door, smiling at me. Her green eyes glinted with bliss while her dark hair fell over her shoulders that she shrugged casually. This girl didn't change a bit. A chortle was quick to escape my mouth at the excitement.

"Isabelle!"

The word tumbled out of my mouth in complete surprise and immediately after, I jolted upright, making my way towards her.

She was Isabelle Scott.

Right, her last name gives out already. This was Tyler's younger sister, but a total opposite of that jerk. Sometimes I really doubted that they were even siblings. Isabelle had similar pair of green eyes just like Tyler, but hers radiated positivity and sweetness while Tyler's represented what he actually was. A monster.

Isabelle and I were acquainted ever since we were kids. The two of us along with our elder brothers, Tyler and Jake played together when we were kids. Isabelle was my best friend back then, and we pretty much had a fun childhood together.

Though Isabelle was fed up of Tyler and me bantering all the time as well, she would always be the one who tried to calm the situation down and somehow get us along with each other. But that never happened, all she succeeded doing was halting our never ending arguments and wits.

However, Isabelle soon moved to her grandma's place due to some circumstances that unnecessarily occurred. That was the reason why she wasn't around here for years, and it was such a huge surprise to see her after so long. And The circumstances, though? It was not the time to speak about it! Let's leave it for later.