➻Chapter 47- Dare Or Consequence?

[longer chapter ahead]

ADELE'S POV:

Finally, I did what I desired for so long.

I gave my special bracelet to Tyler Scott.

Initially, I was quite dubious about it but all of my doubts disappeared the moment I realised how madly concerned I was about this guy. Dread twisted in my gut and my heart raced at full tilt when I saw him bleeding, heck, I wasn't even able to function normally. I realised how much Tyler really meant to me and how much watching him in pain affected me, in a way, more than anything else.

The mere thought of losing him stirred apprehension within me, and I was already shaking. If by any chance, god forbid, anything would've happened to him...shit, I don't know what would have I done. My entire body shivered just at the notion of it. The thing is, how could I possibly think of anybody else for this bracelet after everything? Tyler Scott was definitely someone I didn't want to lose. And following the conversation we had, I was simply left with no longer uncertainties. I wanted to give him that bracelet. And I did.

Sliding the bracelet over Tyler's wrist, I intently gazed at it for a while and stroked the beads of it. It still took me some time to process it.

Now it belonged to somebody. And that somebody was Tyler. The same person who once infuriated me so much, now made my stomach turn every bit and my heart throb faster each time. I felt a shudder run down my spine feeling his gaze on me the entire time I looked down at his wrist.

Tyler now owned a piece of me, a memento, something that would serve him as a constant reminder of me....just like I always thought the bracelet would to someone. Good Lord. As soon as I had that thought, my stomach began to flutter and I did everything I could to disguise the crimson hue my cheeks had acquired.

Who would have thought? Tyler and I? This way? Oh, well, but here we were now. This was not even the slightest bit aggravating to me. I was so contented, my heart might as well have exploded. And if that wasn't enough, Tyler's gleaming eyes, gladdened voice and adorable response made me melt into slime. Legit. I was floating, to say the least.

In a way, it was like everything between us had changed for the better.

"Guys, we're back!" Tyler and I immediately looked up when Jake's voice boomed above us but what grasped our attention first was a woman standing next to our fellows.

My brows elevated in astonishment glimpsing at the woman whose appearance itself screamed 'thug' which was accompanied by piercings, chains and complete black clothing.

Damn.

"Don't ya worry!" The woman affirmed, her lips stretched into an amusing grin, "I got a big ass ladder here with me. You can climb up with the help of it!"

Nodding, Tyler and I exchanged a swift glance before we sighed in relief, finally able to get out of this hell of a pit.

"Gosh, are you okay!?" As soon as I scaled up the ladder and stepped out, Jake rushed over to me, tugging me into a bone-crushing hug which made me chuckle lightly.

"Jake, I am okay!" I stroked his back before pulling apart and signalling towards Tyler, who now grudgingly got out of the pit with Bryan helping him, "But Tyler isn't. We need to get first aid, he's got a bad wound..."

"Goodness, shit, he's bleeding!"

Jake's arms immediately dropped from my shoulders upon noticing his injury, and in an instant, he rushed towards him while I followed.