➻Chapter 29- Kiss In The Dark.

(A/n: Please pay attention to the pov switch since I've done it twice in this chapter, also it's a veryyy long chapter!)

ADELE'S POV:

It was dark. I didn't know where I was, I didn't know what was going on and I didn't know if it was all real. I vividly remembered that devilish grin around Jeremy's lips as he was approaching me slowly, while I couldn't do anything to run away.

My eyes shot open immediately at the recollection and I knew I was covered with cold sweat. My heart was beating frantically as I jerked up from my place, sitting upright. A shudder ran down my spine as I could no longer figure out where I was, and everything was chaotic.

I wanted to run away from there. I wanted to get out of this hell.

I screamed in dread and two arms immediately held my shoulders making me tremble even more at the touch. I panicked and began struggling to get out of the grip as I cried hard asking him to let go off me. His hand then began caressing my cheeks as he gave it a few taps.

It took me a while but then I stopped struggling when I heard that familiar voice before me. When I heard him call me "Hadwin" I knew I wasn't in Jeremy's presence anymore. Sudden relief washed over me as my muscles relaxed. My breaths slowed down upon acknowledgement and I glanced around briefly before my eyes finally met his green ones.

"Tyler..."

I was relieved would be an understatement, I literally recouped solace in those earnest green eyes, as if that's all I needed at that point. And before I knew, I squeezed him into a tight hug, as if wanting him to be near me at all costs. I sobbed, without a cease and cried my heart out in front of him.

I was safe. I didn't doubt that anymore.

Tyler's caress to my cheeks and assuring words gave me all the comfort I needed. He said he wouldn't let anything happen to me and that he was always there with me no matter what. It made me want to cry more—at the thought that it was so hard for me to trust someone even when they were being nothing but affectionate. Everything was still unbelievable to me, but it was really happening and I was glad Tyler was there.

When Tyler asked if I wanted some coffee, I accepted it, because no way in hell would I want to sleep after everything that happened. Nightmares would literally attack me after this, because it bought back all the awful memories that I no longer wanted to think about.

That thought itself made my head ache and body squirm. God damn it! Leave the past in the past, Adele! Don't think about it!

Right.

Although it was pretty late, we were still in that little house which quite honestly I had no idea about. I wanted to inform Jake not to worry about me but when I pulled my phone out—my eyes wandered over the time and date.

It was Nicole's birthday! Golly darn!

Upon informing Tyler, he was equally stunned and surprised as me. Since Nicole was asleep, I thought it was a good moment to prepare a little surprise for her when she wakes up. After all, she thought her friends showed no interest in her birthday whatsoever. She was wrong, obviously.

Tyler walked out of the kitchen area, and plodded towards me, fishing out his cellphone from the back pocket.

"I am calling Bryan," He spoke, now beginning to scroll his thumb over the screen, "He'll get a nice cake and some other stuff which can help surprising Nic when she wakes up. That's all we can do right now though."

I nodded in agreement but that ended with a deep sigh.

"I wanted to gift her something special," I muttered.