➻Chapter 49- Despite The Scars.

[longer chapter ahead. Making up for the delay. It's an unedited draft.]

ADELE'S POV:

"My lunatic woman."

That's all that revolved around my head ever since those words rolled out of Tyler's mouth. God damn. I just couldn't stop pondering over it. His tattoo, the thought behind it, him, and everything else just kept swirling back in my head which caused my cheeks to feel hot, crimson. His explanation of what that tattoo signified completely captivated me. What those phases of moon meant. Gracious, it was as if Tyler had sought out the empty parts within me, without any words from me. He looked through me like an open book and made my scars look so damn beautiful. This man was ruling my head and I couldn't even prevent it.

We were back at the villa and currently, I sat on the bed with Bryan in front of me as we watched Nicole show us what she had purchased from the fest. The two of them hadn't seen my tattoo yet since it was concealed with my sleeves but I did plan to show them later.

"I wasn't really sure about this one though," Nicole mused, displaying a black off shoulder crop to us, "I took it nevertheless because I wanted to show it to you, Adele, since your brother was literally no help. He was so quite today! That was very weird."

"What happened to him?" Bryan instantly raised a questioned brow at her, plunging deep into the bean bag he sat on right now.

Nicole traced her gaze at Bryan, sighing, "Exactly. What happened to him? I don't know a thing!" She responded, a hint of frustration was quite evident on her face before she turned to look at me, "Do you know anything about it, Adele?"

Looking down, I sighed, completely knowing the reason behind his behavior. Jake was definitely still on about the conversation we had and I was pretty sure he was still upset with me and not completely over it yet.

"Yeah," I muttered, looking up at my friends, "He's kinda upset with me."

"With you? Why?" Nicole shook her head, giving me a puzzled look while I took in another deep breath, unsure about what to tell them.

Bryan looked at me intently, his gaze seemed to be able to discern the truth behind my expressions before he sighed, quite audibly, "It's about Tyler, isn't it?"

And just like that, Bryan hit the right note. My eyes barely shut. I didn't answer right away. I remained silent for a moment before sighing out and opening my eyes.

"Yes," I answered finally with a faint nod and Nicole gasped, "Jake thinks there's something going on between the two of us and that doesn't make him very happy."

"When did you guys even talk about this, geez?" Nicole exclaimed.

"Before going to the fest," I breathed, "I don't know. Jake was a bit mad too while we spoke. He thinks if anything were to happen between Tyler and I, it's going eventually end bad and he doesn't wants it."

There was a short moment of silence before Bryan rubbed a hand over his face and looked over at me, "Sugar. He is your brother. He's obviously going to be concerned. But...you don't look very happy with what you guys spoke about either. What is it? Is something bothering you?"

Nicole stuffed her clothes back in the large bag before she nodded, looking at me, "I agree. You look very off too. What is it, Ade?"

I bit my lower lip. Of course, the unease in my heart would be obvious to Nicole and Bryan. They would easily pick on it. After all, they were the only ones who knew me inside out and I needed to have this conversation with them. Their thoughts and opinions mattered to me in this situation. I wanted to know if they thought the same thing as Jake about Tyler.