➻Chapter 42- Intoxicated Confessions.

[longer chapter ahead~]

TYLER'S POV:

"Hadwin, come on out," I called out, standing on the rim of the swimming pool which Adele mindlessly strode in, "That's enough for tonight."

Hearing my voice, Adele immediately turned her head in my direction. A flippant appearing grin swiftly split across her lips as soon as she caught a glimpse of me, "Tyler freaking Scott! There you are."

Freaking...Scott?

What the hell?

"I am enjoying here, so no, I don't think I wanna get out of this pool right now," Adele added—her words rang in an indistinct way and stumbled over like her own self currently. I sighed, shutting my eyes and opening them at her response. I swear I was being tested by god right now.

"This is not the time to be stubborn, Hadwin," I responded keenly, motioning her to get out of there, "Aren't you tired at all? Besides, look at you. You're completely drenched, goodness, what if you catch a cold?"

"If I didn't know you any better, I'd think you are worried about me, Tylerrr," Adele chuckled and my brow raised in incredulity.

Seriously?

"What are you talking about?" I questioned her, placing my hands on the hips, arising quite taken back by her words, "Of course, I am concerned."

"Is that so?" Her head titled to a side as she gave me a smug look and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, it is," I spoke in a stern voice whilst nodding my head so that she knew I wasn't playing, "Now if you could get out of the water, it'll be great. You're really going to get sick from being soaked if you stay there any longer!"

"Uh no, Tyler, I am not getting out," Adele hiccuped and then clasped a hand over her mouth, giggling, "But..." she now smirked at me while crumpling on her steps, "If you're so keen on getting me out of here then...why don't you come and get me?"

My mouth barely dropped and I blinked my eyes twice trying to comprehend that.

Fucking hell. She was being more stubborn than I even thought.

"Hadwin, for the last time, come out of there right now and don't play games with me!"

"I think you didn't..." her words trailed off because of another hiccup, "...you didn't hear me, Scott..."

Now she was using my last name just like I always referred to her with hers. Geez, woman.

With an overthrown sigh heaving out of my mouth, I passed a hand over my face, taking it down to massage the side of my neck in exhaustion. Obviously, she wasn't going to listen to me. When has she ever done that anyway? Plus now that she was drunk, she was obviously going to be a problem.

"You won't listen now, would you?" I slightly shook my head at Adele and she sneered at me as if she'd persuaded me. Even though she meant it to be a complacent-looking smile it appeared pretty wacky because of how wasted she was.

"I won't." She replied.

That was it.

What else could I do? I had to get her out of the pool myself or I was afraid she'd fall sick because of being drenched from head to toe and I obviously I couldn't just leave her there for that to happen.

"I don't think I have much of a choice here," I muttered lowly to myself, trying to figure out the cause of that liveliness she had gotten suddenly, "This girl is stubborn as ever."