➻Chapter 41- Chug It Down.

[Longer chapter ahead]
—-

ADELE'S POV:

With my arms crossed over my chest, I narrowed my eyes at the guy standing near the passenger seat charging up the bags in the car and smirking at me.

Tyler freaking Scott. Cocky idiot.

He looked quite thrilled by what he did minutes ago, as always, while I stood there—frowning at him, maddened because once again he didn't fail to make me want him.

Want him? What the hell? What was I even speaking? A frustrated breath left my mouth. Only this man was to blame for everything weird happening to me. Only him!

Seriously though, Tyler was something else. This fool was the only one who could make me blush furiously but also get on the last of my nerves at the same time.

"Guys!" A cry busted me out of my parade of thoughts and in an instant, Tyler and I directed our heads towards the direction the voice came from.

I gasped in astonishment and immediately put a hand over my mouth to stifle a peal of laughter at what stood before us. Another yelp of surprise came out from Nicole standing behind who I assumed was looking at the same.

Perched before us was Bryan, with his hair shrouded with leaves and sticks, and his face with mud while he panted, looking horrendous.

"I finally made it, god damn it!" Bryan exclaimed in what felt like relief before he puffed out even more rapid breaths.

"Goodness, Bryan. Whatever happened to you?" I shook my head at him, my eyes slightly enlarged in disbelief looking at his state.

"Are you okay man?" Tyler emitted, lifting a brow in shock and Bryan sighed, setting down his bags.

"Geez, do you know what happened?" Bryan grumbled, "My neighbour's dog lost his mind early in the morning! Since that guy was mad, guess who was the victim of it?" Bryan gradually shut his eyes, placing a hand over his chest which appeared as if he offered sympathy to himself before he opened his eyes again, "Me! That dude chased me around non-stop and I had to climb over walls and even trees to escape him! What's worst? I fell off a branch and he bit me in my butt! Only when my neighbour came to my rescue, I could flee from there in my car!"

I blinked my eyes several times, trying to comprehend the entire scene he just recounted. What the freak? Pursing my lips tightly, I attempted to hold the laughter that was about to burst out due to me actually imagining the entire scenario.

Bryan, oh Bryan.

"What...the actual heck?" Tyler's voice cracked because of the flabbergast and he looked at Bryan as if he had grown two heads. Not able to contain my laughter anymore, I erupted into fits of giggles.

"Bryan! What the hell?" I chortled and he sighed, rolling his eyes.

"I know, right? Why is it always me?"

"Maybe try not wearing those 'bone' printed shorts next time. I am sure you would be fine! The poor dog might've thought you're running away with his treats," Nicole's snarky voice came from behind us as she trailed forward with Jake.

Bryan narrowed his eyes snappily at her, pouting slightly.

"Really? Did you forget that you were the one who shopped these for me, dumbass!" Bryan withered but soon he gasped as if he just recalled something, "Shoot, wait! I totally forgot that I am not talking to you."

"But you just did," Reaching him, Nicole plonked her elbow on Bryan's shoulder and grinned extensively at him.

"Shut up. I won't be talking to you henceforth, you understand?"