➻Chapter 6 - My Boyfriend.

ADELE'S POV:

FLASHBACK

I descended the stairs with a heavy heart, disappointment etched on my face. No call, no text from Frederick since morning. Anxiety gnawed at me. Had he forgotten? Was something wrong?

Sinking into the couch, I slumped with a mournful expression, my mind a whirlwind of worry and doubt.

The sudden ring of the doorbell shattered my gloomy thoughts, sparking a glimmer of hope. Could it be Fred?

Rushing to the door, I swung it open, my face lighting up with anticipation, only to be met by a courier boy.

"Ms. Adele Hadwin?" he inquired, eyeing the label on the package. I nodded eagerly, my heart sinking a bit.

"Yes, that's me."

"Here's a parcel for you, Miss," the man said, handing over the box with a polite smile.

"Thank you," I replied, my curiosity piqued. "Do you know who it's from?"

"It's from Mr. Frederick Jefferson," he answered, and a rush of excitement surged through me.

As the boy departed after I signed for the package, I closed the door with a mixture of emotions. Fred had sent me something! My hands trembled with anticipation as I tore open the box.

Inside was a stunning yellow floral dress, and my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't help but smile, feeling overwhelmed with love.

There was a note nestled inside, and as I read Fred's words, a blush spread across my cheeks. "A beautiful gift for the most beautiful woman in my life, be ready at 8pm, sweetheart ;)"

I was speechless, my heart swelling with affection. Fred had planned a date for us! The rest of the day was a blur of excitement as I adorned myself in the dress he had chosen, feeling like a princess.

The evening was magical. Fred had arranged a romantic dinner, and tears of joy welled up in my eyes at the sight of the enchanting setup. He had gone above and beyond to make me feel cherished.

And as we shared our first kiss, beneath the soft glow of candlelight, I knew that this day would be etched in my memory forever.

~FLASHBACK ENDS~

"Beep beep!" ,"Beep beep!"

The ringing of my phone made me flinch. Tears stung at my eyes, as I faced the reality, and I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

Reluctantly glancing at my cellphone it showed "Nicole" Calling me. I pursed my lips tightly, before grasping the cellphone and sliding it to answer it. As soon as I hit answer, Nicole's voice burst through the phone:

"Hey Adele! You are attending the class right?"

"Nicole. I-I, um, I won't be attending the first class. Don't wait for me."

"Wait. Why? Hey? Are you alright? Adele, why do you sound low? What's up with you? Girl? Tell me?"

"Sssh. Calm down, Nicole. I am....I am having a mild headache. Don't worry I'll be there by the second lecture, see you."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, Nic. Don't worry."