➻Chapter 7 - Dealing With The Devils.

ADELE'S POV:

"Oh, my gosh!" Nicole's jaw hit the floor with such force I half expected it to shatter into a million pieces as I concluded the entire situation. I sat there, my face buried in my hands, feeling like l'd just single-handedly ignited World War III.

"What am I supposed to do, Nicole?" | gasped out, my voice laced with bewilderment. Seriously though, what was I even supposed to do?

"Like seriously, Adele? You should've slapped that bastard right across his face," Nicole exclaimed, her eyes rolling so far back I was worried they might get stuck. I completely knew what she was thinking about and I sighed at that. After all, she'd faced everything with me, she literally despised that guy more than me.

"For real. I should have."

"Forget about that. Tell me, where did Tyler come from in this?" Nicole now looked at me, her cheeks puffed, keeping her laughs in, "Tyler your boyfriend? Can you imagine that yourself?"

She burst out laughing then, and I rolled my eyes at how accurate she was. Like seriously, Tyler freaking Scott my boyfriend? He couldn't even be my friend for a second and I literally said he was my boyfriend?

"My head feels like it's about to explode, Nicole! What if they find out the truth?
Either of them? I'm toast," I exclaimed, running my hands through my hair in frustration, causing Nicole's laughter to die down as she regarded me with a serious expression.

"Why did you even say that in the first place, though?"

"I am still trying to answer that question myself. Like why? Why, damn it!"

"Okay, okay," Nicole said, taking hold of my shoulders and giving them a reassuring squeeze. "Let's calm down first, alright? We'll figure this out together."

Nicole's attempt at comfort was short-lived as she added, "But heck, seriously, I can't stand that guy, Frederick Jefferson. He's like a villain straight out of a movie. I can only imagine what he'd do if he found out you were lying."

That struck immediate terror in me and I almost shuddered at the thought. Shaking the thought away from my head, I looked daggers at my best friend who was doing no help right now,

"Nicole, what the hell, stop! Stop scaring the shit out of me, I am already drained out, look! Look at me!"

"Oh, man, sorry Adele," Nicole's lips turned downward, displaying an upset expression, "We will get you out of this mess, okay? And oh, by the way—Let's go to Bryan. He told me he was waiting for us in the cafeteria, maybe he could help?" Nicole smiled at me, to which I somewhat relaxed my shoulders, taking in a deep breath and nodding at her.

Grabbing my stuff hurriedly, I stood up, "Let's leave right now. The professor isn't here anyway."

"Alright!" Nicole immediately followed my actions, as both of us scurried out of the classroom.

The two of us moved uneasily through the hallway, discussing on how could we get out of the trouble I'd caused. Half of our suggestions were so ridiculous we couldn't help but laugh, while the other half had us questioning our sanity.

While we were still ambling through the premises, a loud voice suddenly halted our stride in the mid way,

"You!"

That tone had kittenish feature to it which made Nicole and I instantly turn on our heels, just to look at who it was.

My brows rose up in astonishment as soon as I caught a glimpse of the person, "Rebecca?"

"Sweet mother of pearl, what does she want now?" Nicole nudged me with a sly grin, her eyes locked on Rebecca like she was a creature from another planet.