➻Chapter 33- Turmoil Of Feelings.

THIRD PERSON POV:

The same night, meanwhile:

Max stood in front of Rebecca's door, striking on it, as hard as he could. The blows themselves gave out how impatient and infuriated the guy was.

Minutes later, the door finally swung open, revealing a very miserable looking, Rebecca.

As soon as the door opened, Max wailed, almost unable to his discontent in, "What the fuck do you think you were doing, Rebecca?"

"Max?" Rebecca seemed twisted upon his arrival. Her eyes appeared puffy, while her face looked scarlet as if she'd been crying for a long time now, "What do you mean?"

"What do I mean? Seriously? Are you seriously asking me this now?"

"M-Max, I don't understand you?" Rebecca shook her head at the furious looking guy, "Come inside first. And please calm down and tell me what happened?"

Max rubbed a hand over his face as if indicating his bitterness. With a sigh, he stormed inside the house when Rebecca moved away from the door, allowing him to get in.

Closing the door behind her, she took slow steps behind Max and questioned him again,

"Can you tell me what happened? What are you talking about?"

Max turned around, his hazel eyes held nothing but fury, while his teeth pressed together, "What happened? Rebecca, I am talking about what happened at my party! About what Jeremy did to Adele!"

Finally apprehending, Rebecca gasped, "Max, I swear I have nothing to do with that. I—

"Cut the crap, Rebecca!" Max cut in, his voice was plugged with irritation, "Weren't you the one who asked me to spike Adele's drink? Would I not know what happened at the party was your stunt? And now you're trying to give me this shitshow!"

"Listen, yes. Yes, I agree, I had asked you to do it, but—it was just so that Adele stays away from Tyler for a while," Rebecca muffled a breath, "I knew you'd never do anything wrong to Adele..."

Max sighed, heatedly sweeping a hand through his hair, "When did this malicious idea even cross your mind, huh? I am pretty sure I didn't mention that I was throwing a party before creating that group."

Rebecca stooped her head down as her face grew warm with remorse when she began to maffle her answer, "I had no plans in my mind until I called you to do the task..." she took a halt for a while, recounting the day she considered doing the stunt:

"There comes my plan," Rebecca mumbled, pulling a wicked, toothy grin while eyeing Max who was casually ambling into one of the classrooms,

"Hey, Max!" She called out.

Max immediately turned around to the voice, and raised one of his brows looking at Rebecca, who now walked towards him, with her lips holding the evilest smirk.

Miley dubiously walked behind her, while Steffi bounced on her toe excitedly, following Rebecca.

"What is it, Rebecca?" Max questioned and Rebecca's smirk grew wider.

"I have a task for you,"

Max rolled his eyes at Rebecca and overlooking her, he resumed doing something on his cellphone.

Rebecca clenched her teeth at the ignorant behaviour, which caused her to discreetly peek into what Max was doing on his phone. When she finally caught a glimpse of it—she was quick to understand that he was throwing a party. Rebecca's smile held smugness which grew deeper at the idea in her mind.