➻Chapter 21 - Stuck Up.

TYLER'S POV:

I was more than startled when I heard the two men scowl behind us.

They were cops.

Freaking cops!

We were doomed. Totally.

Adele and I turned our heads to face the men. They were two of them, standing in front of us and giving us a look which I suppose didn't mean very pleasant. One of the cops, who stood at the right had a French beard, and dark hair. While the one on left looked quite formidable. He had brunette hair, and extremely appalling look drawn on his clean shaved face.

Both the cops glared at us and the mess we'd caused. Actually, the mess Hadwin had caused. I could swear right now that this girl's erratic behavior would be the death of us someday. Without a doubt.

No matter how much I wanted to pick Adele and throw her across the room for the mess she had caused, I also didn't wanted her to fall into trouble. Alone.

After all, I couldn't leave her like that.

Adele was already at the verge of having a panic attack, and I got the hint by the way she squeezed my palm looking at the cops and gulping hard.

"Didn't you hear me?" The cop in the left spoke again, his eyebrows were drawn together in a disapproved manner, "Do you kids have an explanation for this?"

I gnawed my teeth, and kneaded Adele's palm while she gasped out loud. Steadily looking at me, her eyes slowly wandered onto our clasped hands. Before I could even return her the look, she turned her face back at the cops.

"It's my fault sir!" I heard Adele gush out, causing me to immediately turn my head towards her with wide eyes.

What the hell?

"What even, Hadwin!" I whisper-shouted at her, but she refused to look back at me. Her eyes were totally on the cops.

"I see Miss..." The cop on the right replied nodding and raising one of his brows, "Do you realize what have you done?"

"We would want to contact your parents, kids." The left one added, making me turn to look at them. My hand immediately pulled out of Adele's grip. More than being startled about all this shit, I was surprised. Adele actually took the blame on herself? God damn!

"We're adults," I spoke with a firm voice to which the cop on the left cocked a brow at me, "You can talk to us."

"I need not to say that what you've done just now is so not adult like behaviour, mister," One of the cops said and I sighed heavily.

"We're contacting your parents."

I sighed lightly. Whatever it was. I knew I wasn't going to leave her alone in circumstances like these. Absolutely not! Not even when her silly self was ready to take the damned blame on herself.

I wouldn't leave her alone like that.

While the cops were still speaking, and Adele was yet nodding at them, I was rubbing my face constantly while trying to figure a way out of this mess.

The cop's questions were just coming out one after the another making my breaths fastened. Anxious, I looked around to find something or someone for our help, which was exactly when, my eyes dropped onto the exit behind us. A slow smile worked it's way across my lips when there were no guards standing on the exit.

Well now that we'd already fallen into trouble, why not take the chance or might I say risk to get the hell out of here?

Oh, hell yes!