➻Chapter 55- Wheels Of Fate.

(Very long chapter ahead. Also, please pay attention to the pov switch, it's done frequently in this chapter)

ADELE'S POV:

"What does it...say?" I murmured, my heart pounding rapidly against my chest, dreading the worst. I wasn't ready for everything to come crashing down, not yet. I couldn't bear the thought of him hating me again.

Tyler sighed, meeting my gaze. "They want to see me at the academy this evening. Apparently, there's something very important that needs to be discussed," he paused, licking his lips nervously. "They also tried calling me last night, but couldn't reach me for some reason. I'm not sure what's going on, but it sounds serious. Damn, this shit is starting to scare me," He chuckled.

I gulped, attempting to force a smile, to laugh it off like Tyler, but it just didn't seem to happen. My heart sank like a stone. I knew why they were calling him. I knew exactly what was coming, and I wasn't prepared for it. My heart threatened to burst from my chest with the weight of it all. Tyler's world was on the brink of shattering, and I was about to witness it, knowing I was the cause. My lord, how was I going to face him after this?

"Luna?" Tyler's voice pierced through my tangled thoughts, snapping me back to reality. I gasped, realizing I must have looked like a wreck, sweat beading on my forehead, eyes heavy with unseen burdens. His gentle touch lifted my chin, guiding my gaze to meet his concerned eyes. "Are you okay?"

"I... I'm fine," I managed, a strained smile tugging at my lips, bearing the weight of my inner heaviness. "Just a bit anxious. The suddenness of it all... I hope it's nothing serious, especially regarding your... performance."

The lies. The words tasted bitter on my tongue, every syllable a lie.

"Ah, my sweet, sweet girl," Tyler enveloped me in his comforting embrace, his warmth a stark contrast to the chill of guilt gripping my heart. I closed my eyes, drowning in the sweetness of his reassurance. "Don't worry yourself over this. Everything will be alright. It's probably just some routine paperwork."

Routine? Far from it, Tyler.

I bit my lip, fighting back tears, unwilling to break down in his arms. Holding him close, I dared not let go off him, the weight of my guilt anchoring me in place.

We lingered there until Tyler was certain I had regained my composure.

"Now," he gently separated us, his hands finding mine and giving them a reassuring squeeze as he drew me closer. "Here's the plan for today: we head home, get ready, and then go to the university together."

"Together?" I exclaimed, my eyes widening in surprise. The thought of everyone knowing about us sent a shiver down my spine. Was I prepared for the scrutiny, the attention, now that Tyler Scott was officially mine?

"Yes, together, Luna," he affirmed, brushing a stray strand of hair behind my ear, "I want the everyone to recognize who this stunning woman belongs to from now on. And that person is me and me alone. I want them to understand that they'll need to reconsider before even thinking about touching her or, God forbid, fucking casting a glance in her direction."

I swallowed hard, mustering a hesitant smile as I nodded in agreement.

"And then, we go to the academy. Whatever it is, let's see it, together."