➻Chapter 35- You Don't Understand.

ADELE'S POV:

The two of us were on our way back to the farmhouse and really, all I could do the entire ride was puff with resentment—although, I couldn't overlook how I had this sudden warmth crept up my cheeks as well. While on my side was Tyler, who was driving and didn't even skip a chance to sneak a look at me along with his goddamn smirk as if he'd just carried out something incredible.

Of course, he didn't. He freaking gave me a hickey! How literally could he? I repeatedly rubbed a hand over the mark as if it could somehow brush it away and obviously, it didn't.

"How do you think will I go in there with this?" I scowled at Tyler, pointing a finger at my neck, while he sat next to me, grinning.

Tapping his fingers on the steering wheel with one hand, Tyler rested the other hand on his lap, as he indifferently glimpsed my way. Goodness, this guy wasn't even bothered, instead, he looked so appeased and satisfied for some reason.

We had arrived back at the farmhouse and right now, we simply sat in the car rather than going inside. Honestly, it was so dreading to go out with that mark on my neck which Tyler freaking Scott gave me! My gosh, Nicole and Bryan would legit have a heart attack this time.

"It is what it is," Tyler nonchalantly replied, passing the tongue over his bottom lip when he tilted his head to peek at my neck, "I like it."

"Yeah? I hate it!"

Tyler's lips were swift to pull up in a sneer before he looked at me for a second, and then moved his gaze away, as he spoke, "Well, it clearly didn't seem like it when I gave it to you."

I swallowed my words, unable to retort. God damn. Shit. Not the flashbacks of the dance. Not the blushing again. The heck was wrong with me, shucks!

Strongly restraining myself from turning crimson, I passed Tyler the most irate glare that I could muster, eventhough he wasn't looking at me. I swear to god if it wasn't for his attractiveness...

"Stop glaring, sweetheart," Tyler laughed lazily, turning to look at me, as he fell back on his seat, "I know you liked it."

I gasped, looking sheepishly at him as I was literally at a loss for words. Alright. That was it. It was confirmed Tyler had lost his brains in the excitement of getting selected.

"Can you stop?" I gave him a stern look, while he only gave me a sluggish smile, resting his head back on the headrest.

"Hadwin, I didn't even start."

My eyes slightly enlarged at how he was straight-up flirting with me right now. Seriously though, was his alcohol kicking in right now? Because quite literally all the unimaginable was happening. Tyler was flirting with me and on top of that, I had a hickey on my neck. Freaks, how did we even come down to this situation? Tyler and I? Gracious, what?

"I am just going to pretend as if none of this happened," I rolled my eyes as I proceeded to wear the jacket he gave me. It was all I could do to conceal that accursed hickey right now.

Only a faint chuckle was heard from Tyler, before both of us slid out of the car, making our way towards the entrance of the farmhouse. I made sure the jacket was well up until my neck so that nobody could catch on that mark.

The two of us strode silently towards the house until we halted catching a glimpse of Charles, walking out of the house. I hadn't seen him around since the game ended, and now he was supposedly leaving the party. Also, Tyler's words resurfaced my head and I drew in a deep breath, as my eyes rolled impulsively. There was no way in hell I was going to showcase that hickey to anybody.