➻Chapter 39- A Text From Her.

[TW: BLOOD mentioned a few times.]
_______________

ADELE'S POV:

—FLASHBACK CONTINUES—

Bryan bolted out of the house blazing in temper and in a swift he got into his car, beginning to start it. Nicole and I hurried out as well, and before Bryan could start the engine, I swung the side door open and gave him a disapproved look whilst standing before the door.

"Adele, don't," Bryan clenched his teeth, warning me. His hands were glued onto the steering wheel ready to speed up because of which I exhaled a deep breath in defeat.

"Fine," I slightly nodded as my heartbeats picked up suddenly. I didn't know what was happening to me, but I felt more anxious than ever, looking at the entire situation. I already had an unpleasant feeling in my gut even before anything happened.

Frederick was a monster and I knew it.

"We're coming with you. I don't care!" Nicole unlocked the back door and hopped in the back seat, giving Bryan no chance to oppose in response. Instead, he only shook his head, sighing out.

I nodded vigorously, agreeing with Nicole and unbolted the car door, getting in as well.

Bryan, with no choice left other than to accept us, twisted the keys, starting to drive with a deep sigh.

And there—we were headed to the hell which that devil waited desperately for us to burn in.

Upon reaching the destination, Bryan had warned us to stay in the car and that he would go and talk to Frederick by himself. Although we had nodded in response agreeing to him, we obviously were going to do the otherwise.

There was no fucking way we would let Bryan go in there alone.

"Let's go," Nicole heedlessly spoke, sliding out of the car when Bryan had walked inside and I followed her without a word.

The building that stood in front of us screamed nothing but 'heading for disaster.' I almost gulped down a breath looking at how horrendous the building itself looked like and it only added to my increasing uneasiness.

Frederick was sure upto something. Something horrific.

Nicole and I took small and heavy steps behind Bryan who wasn't aware of us following him inside the building. All the while my heart thumped so rapidly against my chest with all the discomfort raising inside—that I had to place a hand over it to calm it down for a while.

The place looked such a disaster with everything demolished and some furniture blown up and thrown around. It was frightening but somehow I kept my composure and walked forward.

Few more steps in and we finally caught a glimpse of that evil, cold-blooded brute Frederick, sitting on one of the wrecked stairs, nonchalantly. His face showed no emotions whatsoever as he lit up a cigarette, when he acknowledged Bryan's presence before him.

We girls had concealed ourselves behind a wall so that none of them were aware of our presence. Bryan was standing in front of Frederick who didn't look up at him whilst holding a cigarette between his fingers and smoking without a care.

"Look, I want no troubles. I just need to talk," Bryan began with a voice that was soft yet stern and eventhough he had his back turned towards us, I knew he had an infuriated look on.

I had to bite my lower lip to stop myself from gasping. My uneasiness was just increasing with each passing second. I didn't feel good about this one bit. Nicole had squeezed my palm whilst watching the same which displayed her uptight as well.