➻Chapter 12 - A Great Day?

ADELE'S POV:

I bit the inside of my cheek, my stance hesitant as I debated the merits of taking the offered shirt.

"Um, are you sure you want me to put this on?" I inquired at last, and Tyler heaved a long sigh, his fingers massaging his temples in exasperation.

"Hadwin, can you please drop the drama and just put on the damn shirt?" He retorted, his eyes rolling in irritation. I promptly nibbled on my lips, agreeing with a nod as I reached for the shirt.

"And where precisely do you expect me to change?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow to which Tyler pushed his hair back, a smirk curving up his full lips.

"You may change here, I don't mi-

"Tyler, you're disgusting!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening, to which he responded with a lighthearted laugh.

"We're surrounded by a forest, Hadwin! Find a tree and change behind it," Tyler suggested, the familiar smirk still gracing his features.

I sighed briefly before nodding and making my way toward one of the trees while Tyler ambled off toward the car.

Well, great. Look at what this guy has me doing! Changing behind trees? Good grief!

I finally undressed after a lot of courage and got into his shirt as quick as a flash. Realizing his shirt was long enough to make me feel comfortable, I let out a long sigh, and walked out, grasping my wet clothes.

As I stumbled towards the car, Tyler leaned against the hood, his presence exuding an aura of impatient annoyance as he waited for me.

As I clutched my clothes, feeling every ounce of exhaustion in my bones, I cleared my throat. "I'm done," I muttered, refusing to meet his eyes, knowing all too well the storm that awaited my gaze.

Immediately turning to look, Tyler's gaze swiftly fixated on me, his eyes tracing a path from the top of my head down to where his shirt draped over my frame, a flicker of fascination dancing in his eyes. I clenched my fists, my hands falling to my sides as I swallowed hard, a wave of awkwardness washing over me. Yet, amidst the discomfort, a swarm of butterflies fluttered in my stomach at the intensity of his gaze, igniting a strange mixture of emotions within me.

After a moment of gathering my composure, I released a long exhale, lifting my gaze to meet his, my eyes narrowing mischievously.

"Look who's drooling again!" I taunted, a smirk playing on my lips as a rush of satisfaction washed over me, buoyed by my own brazenness.

"Here we go again," Tyler retorted, his eyes rolling skyward as he tore his gaze away from me, the familiar exchange of banter flowing effortlessly between us.

Without missing a beat, he unlocked the car and slipped inside, prompting a chuckle to escape my lips as I followed suit, the tension between us dissipating with each passing moment.

Once the engine roared to life, I turned towards him, a playful grin tugging at my lips. "Where to next?" I inquired, my eyebrows waggling curiously.

"Let's grab a bite to eat," he replied, casting a glance over his shoulder as he skillfully reversed the car. I nodded in agreement, rather slowly since my gaze was inadvertently drawn toward the veins that popped out against the taut muscles of his neck. A soft sigh escaped my parched lips as I found myself momentarily entranced by his rugged allure.

Cursing myself inwardly, I shook my head, forcing my attention elsewhere. "Pull yourself together, Adele," I muttered under my breath, tearing my gaze away from him before I became too captivated. Damn him for looking so infuriatingly attractive.