➻Chapter 50- Broken Birthday.

(Just a reminder! Italics text= flashback, normal text= present. If the text shifts midway please know that the time zone has also shifted)

*TW⚠️: Abuse, dark theme.*

ADELE'S POV:

With one arm encircled around my shoulders and the other holding my hand, Tyler held me close to him, caressing the back of it with his thumb.

"What happened on your birthday, Hadwin?" A whisper so soft that I could hardly hear, escaped Tyler's lips to which I inhaled a deep breath, shutting my eyes as I let the nightmare cross my mind while recounting it.

~FLASHBACK 3 YEARS AGO~

I was strewn across my bed, my head buried in a pillow, giddy with ecstasy for today as Nicole whined for what seemed like a thousandth time, "Geez, are you for real right now, Adele?"

My best friend failed to comprehend how thrilled I was to celebrate my first birthday with Frederick.

"Adele Peter Hadwin!" The pillow was yanked off of my face by Nicole as she charged over to me, "I am talking to you!"

I glanced up at my furious looking best friend and gasped before sitting up straight on the bed, "Aw, Nic..." I tried to smile, "I get it. You're upset. But... it's my first birthday with him....please, please don't be mad at me. I promise you, I'll spend the entire day with you and Bryan tomorrow!"

"Really, Adele? The entire evening with him? What about us?"

I puckered my lips, getting off the bed and looking at Nicole who now had a saddened look on her face instead of madness.

"Nic," I uttered quietly, kneading her shoulders, "Frederick said he's planning something very special today, he's been working to make it very special for me. Please, at least, you don't be upset with me. I won't be able to go at all then. Besides, even Bryan isn't here. He'll be here tomorrow. I promise we will have epic fun tomorrow, okay?"

Nicole sighed deeply, gazing up at me, "It's not that I want to spoil it for you and not go at all. It's just that I don't like that guy very much, Adele. He gives me bad vibes," She squeezed her lips together, sighed and rolled her eyes then, settling down on the bed, "Anyway, I am not mad, okay? But promise me, tomorrow is for the three of us, yes?"

"I promise you!" A relieved chortle left my mouth as I dashed over to her and embraced her into a firm hug.

"Alright, easy," Nicole chuckled, "What time did he call you though?"

I broke the hug and looked up at the clock that struck 4 pm, "Around 8pm? Yeah, he said 8 was perfect."

"8!?" Nicole's face twisted, displaying an astounded and puzzled look, "Why so late? That's not even evening! Adele, are you sure he's planning something special, I mean—

"Nicole, relax!" I giggled at her overthinking as I held her shoulders yet again, "Relax. It's going to be okay! Trust me, this day is going to be a day to remember. Don't worry so much about it, okay?"

I feasted my moistened gaze up at the night sky, allowing the tears to stream down my cheeks, realising how incredibly excited was I for that night. Realising how right Nicole was every time about that asshole. Realising how blind was I.

"Hadwin, you don't have to go on if you don't want to," Tyler stroked my arm in reassurance, but I sighed, directing my gaze at him.

"I have to, Tyler. You need to hear what he did to me."