23

Dream let George in the basement and just walked towards a platform with alot of bottles and jars which somewhat looked like a chemistry lab.

"Soooo what is this exactly?" The curious brunette asked to which the blonde just chuckled and booped the brunette's nose.

"What does it look like?" He flexed his cocky tone. As he flipped through one of the books on the platform.

"Looks like a chemistry lab to me" George answered truthfully gaining a wheeze from Dream, "Well you can call this a lab"

"This is where I practice the potions and this right here is the one which can cure you......I am not 100% sure because it is not strong enough for a mermaid to be cured but as you are a human, it should avoid the poison to take control on your mind for some time." Dream explain as he mixed the contents of the bottle in his hands.

"Th- wait, how do you know it is not strong enough for a mermaid? Who did you test it on?" George asked curiously. He did know dream had no poison effect currently so it could not have been him.....if not him then who?

Dream took a long breath before signalling George to follow him. He still had the bottle in his hand.

George quietly followed him like a lost puppy, he noticed where dream took him once they both took a halt. It was the button George was about to press during his first visit down there.

"I wont stop you now as you know my secret" Dream announced gesturing George to press it. With a shaky breath the brunet gently hovered his hand over the button before looking at the blond who nodded in response. With a heavy breath he lowered his hand on the button.

The door slid aside and a staircase was visible. Dream pushed George in the door and started walking down the staircase with him.

As the couple reached the end of the stair George was shook by his view.

In front of him was a case which looked like a fish tank. The walls of the case were shining like glass but looked like liquid. Many pieces of shattered glasses were visible in the case.  

As he walked closer to the case to inspect the walls which felt like jelly, a figure swam towards him. He immediately took multiple steps back as he looked at the figure, it was a mermaid.

She had dirty blonde hair which had a few black marks on it which were sticking out in the water floating gracefully, her body and her tail was full of black scales similar to the ones on the brunet's body. Two faded huge black shells on her chest protecting her privates. (not sexualizing her please) Her black beady emotionless eyes staring into George's soul. Multiple dried scars on her body from which pieces of glass sticking out. The positive in her appearance were a few faded patches on her body which looked unaffected by the poison.

The mermaid stared into the brunet's eyes mesmerizing him. He got lost in the empty eyes as he took a small step closer to the tank.

'Come here' He heard the mermaid whisper. Little did he realise again that it was actually said in mermish rather than human. But he anyways took another step closer to the case.

Before he could touch the wall of the case again he felt a pair of hands pull him back followed by strong hisses from the mermaid.

The blond had pulled him back to the staircase, he sat on the bottom stair and laid George in his lap and shoved down the ingredients of the bottle down his throat. The brunet tried to get out of the blond's grasp but failed as the liquid poured down his throat.

George felt his head get dizzy as he passed out. He woke up immediately, this time in his own control. He opened his eyes to meet the worried gaze of Dream. As soon as Dream saw the brunet open his eyes he helped him up.

"H-wha- who-" George was confused, how did he loose his control on himself again? How did he gain it back? Who was the mermaid in the case?

Dream just shushed him as he pointed to the mermaid and the bottle.

"She is my sister, Drista. Yes, she is poisoned and as we were not able to get the poison out of you, her poisoned mind somehow found a way to control you for sometime." he explained.

George just let out a 'oh' in response.

"What is the wall of the case made of?" He asked trying to ignoring the hissing mermaid banging her hands on the wall.

"Mermish magic, she broke every type of glass I put up there. Now no one can break it" Dream shrugged as he made his way ahead from the pathway by the case which the brunette did not notice.

George did not realize this and started testing the wall and Dream's words, punching, kicking it.

"Whoa you are rig- Dream?" He finally stopped as he got tired pretty quickly especially after the workout before. He realised Dream was missing and looked around to find the path, he soon followed it as there was no other path dream could have went to.

"DREAM!" he ran through the path, it was like water was divided into 2 parts for a person to be able to walk in between. (Some people might know my reference [Indian reference])

"Dream!" George shouted for the final time as his eyes finally caught a glance of the blond they were searching from.

"Whoa!" the brunet looked around to which Dream just smiled.

It was like a huge part of the ocean was cut out and in between was a huge pond in which white water lilies were floating, the ones which Dream was holding were glowing.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Dream said handing a glowing water lily to a amazed George. The brunet just accepted them and examined each and every part of it.

The petals of the flowers were lit from the light coming from the pollens of the flower which were sticking out beautifully making sure every part of the flower was getting lit by it's light. The stem of the flower was delicate yet strong enough to keep the flower afloat in the water.

"And she is my ...test mermaid..." Dream muttered awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck as it was weird for him to call his poisoned sister test mermaid because-

"Wait- did you let the creatures poison her just to test the cure on her?" George handed the flowers back to Dream being afraid to break them.

Dream jumped at the question, "WHAT- NO, Why would I do such a thing to her?"

"Oh- wait sorry....but then how did she get poisoned? Cause I do remember a few of her appearances on the server in Tommy's streams." George asked as he was not really able to put the puzzle together.

Dream took a deep breath as he placed the lilies on a platform. He sighed as he rubbed his face.

"You see-"

________________________________________________

1195 words

Again, if you did not read my announcement.

This is not my main story anymore, my main story is my other book, "The Innocent Request"

So this book wont get as frequent updates as that other book gets, this was just a trial book to improve my writing but looking at the response I decided to continue it and currently all the things planned for this book already occurred so I need some time to come up with ideas so till I work on it you can start reading the mafia book and maybe join my server as I am gonna plan fun activities and need people for it.

Ideas for what to do next in this stories here please-

And yeah, my other story is more planned and well plotted so I suggest ya'll that story.