Perfection For Them

You hadn't seen someone as beautiful as her in your entire life. It all became fair too real for you as you saw her, silk white dress pooling around her feet, her smile adding a certain light that was missing to the room. 

Yet, you still couldn't help but let your eyes flicker to your best friend, who stood at the end of the aisle, a tear already welling in his eye as he spotted his soon to become wife. He placed his hand over his heart causing her to laugh. 

You knew this had to be it, for him to stand there, cool as a cucumber, she had to be the one, the only one. You held yourself together as he sent you a look, a thank you. 

You had done everything. Being the most organised of her friends when it came to events, you couldn't refuse her when they both pleaded with you to plan the wedding.  

And because it was going to make him happy to see her happy, you accepted. 

You had custom made the dress, adjusted the suit sizes, took the bridesmaids shopping three times for the exact dresses needed, organised the venue, decor, services, music, hand made the centrepieces, gave them the best stag/hens night and most of all ensured that the groom never got cold feet.

You were running on very little sleep and this made it more difficult to watch him...

To watch C/n as he exchanged vows and slipped the ring on her finger before sealing the deal with a kiss. 

It was perfect and only you could have made it so. 

For the rest of the evening, you sat on the side of the dance floor, too sick to eat anything, watching them devoting every moment to each other as newlyweds. You were thankful that at least people were drinking enough to let the tear streaming down your cheek go unnoticed.

You dealt with any of the relations who were a touch too drunk to remain at the party drama free and ensured the cake didn't get destroyed on its' way out but all these little things seemed like nothing... not compared to the extent you had gone. 

Your surprise was just around the corner and you struggled to stay and watch as their favourite singer appeared on stage, breaking out in their song. Everyone had started to scream and he sent you a questioning look to which you waved off as if it were nothing.

But everything you had been doing was building within you, making the day as close to perfect as it had been was killing you and that was the only reason it wasn't completely and utterly perfect to you. 

To them, it had been the best day of their lives.

You would have bust out any number of tricks you held up your sleeve to make them happy, to have him send you that look one last time before it never belonged to you again. 

"Dance?" His voice broke your trance, staring at you with those CN/EC eyes. 
"I really should go make sure your ride is going to get here on time." You excused, standing with a smile. 
"Come on Y/n." He pouted. "The car can wait, let me say thank you for today, you have made this the best day of my life, look, it's even your song." 

Your chest caved in on itself as you listened to the song the singer was currently performing. It wasn't your song, it was his, the one that would, from his moment onward, break your heart. Every word described him.

"I didn't do anything." You scoffed, the words paining you, rolling your eyes as you go to walk away.
"It would make my day even better." Perhaps he knew that you couldn't say no to him but it didn't matter because, at the end of the day, it was the truth. 

"Fine." You made it a big deal, dragging yourself behind as he grabbed your hand pulling you forward, just extending any contact you had with him. You danced for the remainder of the song, keeping yourself together with find threads as you simply looked at yourself.

The party came to an end and they snuggled into the most luxurious car you could find them, one that suited their personalities. A final touch before they arrived at their perfect honeymoon which the thought of made your stomach turn.

And all you could do was watch and wave, wearing a smile that didn't quite fit. 

He was perfect.

She was perfect for him.

And you... 

You just had to accept that. 

Because he was happy and that's all you wanted.

Hello! Merry Christmas! Sorry that the update for Christmas was Christmas themed but I should get part two to 'What happens under the mistletoe...' tomorrow. 

Thank you so much for very close to 7k reads, I appreciate you more.

I hope your day/night is Merry and Bright.

~Brei