Work Naps

"So, Y/n you're coming to the work fun day, tomorrow, right?" C/n, your overhead, rolled over to your desk in his office chair, leaning against it as if he was the smoothest human being alive. 

"I was thinking about it, I was also thinking about coming into the office and getting some of Project MOT done." You confessed. "

"You're seriously going to come in and work when we're all riding rollercoasters and eating insane amounts of sugar?" He questioned, adding a little pout at the end. 

"Well, considering somebody, not naming any names, AKA you, aren't going to be here, I thought I'd get a head start. It's a fantastic idea and I think-." 
"I think you're scared of rollercoasters." He cuts you off. 

"What?" You hiss. "Why is it that if I'd prefer to work that I have to be afraid of something." 
"It doesn't, I just think you are." He smiles. "Look, as the person, not naming any names, AKA me, who came up with Project MOT, I want you to join us for Fun Day." 

"Well, that's nice of you but I've already talked to Liona about staying back." You referred to your other overhead. "She thought it was a great idea if I didn't want to go." 

"You really don't want to go?" He frowns. 

"No, I want to use my brain and come up with ideas for MOT." 
"Okay." He rolls back to his desk, back arched and head hanging low. You throw your stress ball at him. 
"Stop being so dramatic." He cracks as it hits his shoulder, laughing at your efforts. 

You stayed late, unlike some people, you really enjoyed your work. Today was a good day within that category as you were coming up with more and more ideas for Project MOT. This was all thought of by C/n, the two of you connected on many levels but creatively you were unmatched. 

"Goodnight Y/n/n." C/n stopped by your desk, he had tried to stay as late as he could, wanting to make sure you got to your car safely, but you didn't look like you were packing up any time soon and his cat was going to be starving by now. 

"Night C/n." You smile up at him. "Have fun tomorrow yeah? Send me photos?" 
"Sure will." He confirms, heading for the elevator, he watched you before the doors closed. He put his hand on the door for a moment. "Hey, make sure you get some sleep alright? You can't work on Project MOT if you're exhausted." He called out. 

"I will, I promise." You smirk to yourself, continuing to type away your thoughts. 

You head home just after midnight, half asleep as you get in the door, you don't fuss with a shower or food, instead, you find an oversized shirt you don't remember owning and collapsed into bed. 

You got up 5 hours later, finding yourself hungry due to the lack of food you'd had the night before. You grumbled, settling on heading straight into work, you grabbed a croissant and coffee on the way in. 

You changed up your surrounding once you arrived, spreading your plans out on the floor as you began setting out a timeline for the different aspects of the project. The sun was burning through the large wall-sized windows, shrouding you in a cloud of golden. 

You had been so stuck in your thoughts, you didn't hear the elevator open, giving C/n the time to watch you for a moment as you work. It was corny but your hair was glowing under the sun, it seemed as if you had a halo. He was the king of corny, he couldn't help it when it came for you. 

"Morning Y/n/n." He makes you aware of his presence, you whipped around, a manic edge to your eye. 

"You gave me a heart attack." You laugh, standing from your spot so you could give him a hug. "Did you forget something for Work Fun Day?" 

"No, I'm going to hang out here for the day?" 
"What?" You furrowed your brows. "You said you were going." 
"I decided not to." 
"Why?" 

"Because it didn't feel fair to let you work on the thing I came up with when I was wandering around an amusement park." He explained. "Plus, it was barely going to be fun without you there, come on." He teased. 
"You didn't have to do that." 
"No, I didn't have to." He confirms. 

"So, why are you here?" 
"Because I wanted to be." He assures you. "Come on, Project MOT isn't going to make itself amazing and awesome." He nods you along with a grin, handing you a coffee he picked up. You were glad for the caffeine and his company. 

Hours passed by and the two of you were having the time of your life, every hour or so you would have a break and something fun, it could vary from Hide And Seek to Tag to Kareoke. You couldn't imagine having more fun than this at an amusement park and neither could he. You both knew you could though, as long as you had the other by your side. 

"You look like you're going to fall asleep on your feet." He comments as you swear you had only closed your eyes for a few moments. Your brain had already begun to drift. "Come on, that's enough work for the day." He took your hand, leading you down to his car, buckling you into the passenger seat. 

"Ooooo I love this song." You spoke and he turned the volume up. 

You arrived at his apartment building, somewhere you had been now and then so you could plan certain projects or pick up notes. You had also gone once to drop off a sickness package. You smile at the thought. 

Without noticing, you lean against him in the elevator, his hands sitting on your arms to keep you upright. 

"Come on darling." He you to his apartment, locking the door behind him, you let him take your coat. "Is that my shirt?" He asks, referring to the shirt you hadn't bothered to remove that morning. 

"Uh...?" You look down at the shirt realizing that's where you knew it from. "Yeah, I think it is." 
"Suits you." He simpers. 
"It must have been in that bag of random things from your trip last month." You ramble, unsure if your words were making sense. He leads you deeper into the apartment. 

The room you arrive in is full of sun until he shuts the curtains and turns on the fan, creating a dark den that made your eyelids feel even heavier.

"Time to get some sleep, my dear." He whispers, guiding you into his plush bed. You refuse to let go of his hand, ending up with him curling up behind you, just as you wanted, arms wrapped around your waist. 

"We should do this more often." You mumble. "It should be called, work naps, it's still technically working, and it improves our work. I like it." 

"I like you." He chuckles softly, pressing a kiss to your head, he pulls you closer to him, nuzzling his face into your neck. 

 "I've liked you for a long time." He whispers.

"I like you too." You mumbled, barely audible as you drift to sleep. He smiles, closing his own eyes.

~

Hey Guys!

I hope you like this one, it felt a bit different and fun. At this point, I take whatever random ideas come to my head lol. 

Thank you so much for reading!

I hope you have a Naptastic day/night,

~Brei